TF G1 Marvel Comics #8 - What was on the last page?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by simplygriff, Feb 4, 2010.

1. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    So I started reading the collection of G1 Marvel Comics I picked up years ago and just finished #8 "And Now the Dinobots" and the last page was cut out. I'm not missing any storyline but the very last page was carefully cut out. Was there a mail-away offer or something? The curiosity is killing me...
    -G

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You mean where it says Epilogue? "Nighttime in Josie Beller's hospital room"? Isn't that the girl that turns into Circuit or something like that.

3. simplygriff

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the right issue. I have that part. Where she fries the TV or something. There's a page beyond that where normally the letters to the editor would be.
    -G

4. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

She also says, "I think it's time for me to check out of here." in the last pannel.

5. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

We meet again! Anyway, I'd post a scan if it was not forbidden. Well, that, and it's also be really boring since the page on one side is simply an ad for "The Sword of Solomon Kane", a miniseries that I have never run across in all my years of collecting (looks like a cross between Conan and a pirate with a really lame pilgrim hat). ON the flip side of that page is what you suspected: a mail-away coupon for a "Special 4 Title Offer" and at the top it says "Be Ahead in 1985!" - "Pay only 52 cents a copy for a Marvel Subscription". I also rarely ever see anybody actually cut those things out, so you got lucky, I guess.

If you don't have them yet and are ever interested in reading beyond the Marvel stuff (my favorite), lmk, I am considering selling an almost complete set of the DW stuff.

6. simplygriff

News Credits:
    HaHa! What's up!? :D 

So nothing too important then. Cool. The curiosity was eating away at me. Thanks for checking on it. I have most of the DW stuff. Least I think I do. When I get done with the Marvel stuff I'm gonna go back through those too.
    -G

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

No worries. I did the same thing a while back - started with Marvel G1, went to Marvel G2, then DW, then, IDW with a sprinkling of Blackthorne, DDP, Image, and the various fan publications thrown in, plus all the related Joe stuff. Currently, I'm on a quest for all covers to U.S.-shipped TF comics. I'm getting closer, but IDW keeps putting the goal that much farther out of reach with all their cursed cover variants.