2D Artwork: TF Fanimated Skyfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by tehKOREANdude, Jun 26, 2009.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    If any of you guys saw my other thread in the soon to be closed Animated section *sob sob, then you've heard about my quest to bring justice to this world and give it a fan made Transformers Animated season 4. A Fanimated, if you will. Regardless, here is Transformers Fanimated Skyfire.

Clearly based off of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen's Jetfire, Skyfire was pretty fun for me to do. It did take a damn long time, but I think it turned out nicely. Will add vehicle mode when it's done.

Here's a direct link to the devART ones:
    TFF - Skyfire Robot Mode by ~tehKOREANdude on deviantART
    TFF - Skyfire Battle Mode by ~tehKOREANdude on deviantART

What I would really appreciate is feedback about the style. Talk about how I can make it mirror Derrick J. Wyatt's a little more or to really capture the Animated aesthetic. Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

Yea looks good dude, you really captured his style.

3. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this! Awesome work! :thumbs2: 

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

This is freakin' great. I love it too. Very nice job, it captures the character of the Movie and the style of Animated perfectly.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ooh very nice way of bringing the character into the Animated universe, looks good man.

6. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

he looks like the slug face people of star wars sorta.

7. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

I like it, it took me a while to find the mouth so you might want to make that a little easier to notice (perhaps contrast it from that part of the face?). I did have one suggestion though. Assuming you'll use a similar or the same vehicle, where are his engines? They're large and I can't really see them in the design. Being such an iconic part of the plane (just look at the Seekers, the thrusters are clearly evident on those) you really need to include it in, in my opinion of course.

Overally pretty good and it definitely has the feel of the Animated style. I'm not so keen on the idea of his battle mode but that's your own artistic license I guess. Beyond that the only other thing I can suggest is upping the contrast between shading. Dark greys and blacks are easily confused and difficult to notice in contrasts. The metal is reflective so don't feel nervous about adding much brighter contrasts.

8. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    In regards to the colors, i totally agree. noticed the same thing. will probs change shades. battle mode, i'm also hesitant, but i'm keeping my options open. thrusters are actually behind his calves :D 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If anyone character from RotF needs to be made as an Animated character, Jetfire would be it. The cool thing here is that you NAILED that fact; great job :thumb