TF fanfic idea -- would be a go or no-go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Lock Cade, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, I got an idea for a Transformers fanfic, but before I start working on it, I would like to hear what everyone thinks of the idea.

Here's what I got planned -- you know how we all grew up watching Transformers and thought it be cool if they were real? Well, I'm taking that notion by having a group of four fans (2 boys, 2 girls) who are now getting to be seniors in high school, and they're about to find out that the Transformers really do exist. I would like to try and use the 'bots from G1, probably give them updated alt-modes, but I also like to add in totally new/original ones.

So, what do you guys think? Would you be interested reading this kind of fanfic or not? I would really like to get some input before I start working on it, otherwise I'm probably going to scrap it if nobody's interested.

2. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

I think it could. You'll have to have some sort of Government cover up theory. Idk, i'm sure you have something in mind :) 

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm open to reading any kind of Fanfic really and what you've described has the bearings of an interesting idea; it could be really cool, I'm sure others might not think so, but who cares if you like to write and like Transformers you should just go ahead and write the darn thing I mean do you have any idea how little feedback we Transformers Fanfic Writers actually get?

And that might scare you off entirely from writing it :lol  sorry mate, anyway the idea sounds interesting and I think perhaps a little on the unique side; I say go for it.

4. Lock Cade

Okay, so far I got a couple people who think it's a go. Government cover-up, that's a good idea... seeing the government is always covering up UFOs/aliens.

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and start working on it. It'll probably be awhile before I post the actual fanfic. Seeing that I'm pretty much an aspiring writer, meaning that I'm a writer that's yet-to-be-published, I tend to like to plan out what my stories are going to be like before I write the first chapter. I may do things on an impulse, but not when it comes to writing.

5. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I had actually attempted to come up with an idea like that, but decided not to tackle it. Like to see what you come up with. :) 

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    You're actually going to see something similar to that in movie this summer, without me spoiling too much. Love the idea too. And, having seen your well punctuated posts, I'm sure you're a great writer, and I look forward to reading whatever you come up with.

Would love to shoot my ideas past ya, I have my current RID fic already finished and on a sequel in my head but only a few chapters on paper :( 

7. Lock Cade

Really? You came up with a similar idea? Well, hope I won't mimic everything that you had thought of doing...

8. Lock Cade

Well... I got a rough chapter written so far, one that I'm kinda hoping to do for a workshop I have to do for my creative writing class. It's pretty good, what I wrote. So hopefully everyone will be able to enjoy the fanfic when I post it... probably won't be at least until the end of the month, since I'm still kinda planning on what I'm going to do.

9. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Didn't you hear, the Trans really do exist? It's just a big government cover up until the humans (that's use) accept the fact that intelligent life does exist

Or, at least that is what my CD player tells me on a daily basis. Suriously, it won't...shut...up!

I have done a story alread, a crap story but a story nonethless, with some of the old G1 characters. It's a painful novel long and I hate it!!! I would like to see what you could write TRANS+ but I don't think I should read it.

I'm working on a second story that I hope will be better than the first and I hate stealing ideas from other peoplz, even if I don't know I'm doin' it. It annoys me :) 

10. Lock Cade

*Reads post and laughs* Yeah, the Transformers really exist... they just won't admit it! Either that, or they're just shy to let themselves be known. *Laughs*

Oh come on, you should at least read it... once I get working on it.

Dang it, I'm in a writing slump... it doesn't help the fact that I'm trying to rewrite an original piece of fiction I hope to publish in the next few years while I'm planning on my fanfic. So, probably what I originally want to do will most likely be completely different... *shrugs* it is kinda hard to be a writer at times.

11. DaraRex2.0

I really should :D  I pretty much have the ideas set for the characters I've written for, a plot, and pretty much everything I want to do, and anything I don't want to do but have to for the sake of a well balanced story. I just got to write

I want to post my stories but they're so long it might be a waste of my time, and I don't think I could reformat them all for the fanfic sight (when I say long I mean 120 something chapters, some going over fifty pages).

And to add hail to this rainstorm I didn't get to go back and do all the background stories of the original characters, because I ran out of time. So most the time its focusing on the bond between these two characters that can only trust the other and them getting into so much trouble its not funny. Seriously

However, some of the writing I do feel for. Such as Megatron beating up Starscream or a signment where Hot Shot is forced to protect a human that would have cut him up for parts. Those were touching, I could live with them

Think up these stories you wanna do and I come and read them...up until they kick me out of the computer lab :D 

12. Lock Cade

Long, huh? Yeah, my writing can be long too... but the length is on account that I write novels. Don't know why, but when I first started out writing (as a hobby), I was literally churning out a novel.

Anyways, I'm still working on the fanfic. It'll probably be a while, seeing I'm also in the midst of another writing project that seems to occupy more of my time. So many projects to do, so little time...

13. DaraRex2.0

You know a true writer by how much they write :D 

True, so true

14. Lock Cade

*Bangs head against the wall* Grr, life is being a pain!

Sorry guys, but I don't think I'll be getting to writing the fanfic. Life's really getting in the way... I've got college, I'm desperately working on a rewrite of a story I wrote in high school that I want to try and publish in the near future, I'm waiting to take an EMT class, I'm looking for a new car since I got into a car accident last month and the dumb insurance company labeled it totaled even though it was fixable, and much much more. I'd like to see about having a co-author, but I'm not online 24/7 and it probably wouldn't work out anyways.

So, we're going to have to wait until I can get my life straightened out before I give this fanfic a try. Don't get me wrong, I really want to write this fanfic, but life is a pain. *Bangs head on the wall ten times*

15. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Seeing this thread has inspried me. Sorry about hijaking your idea TRANS+CRAZY, but it's a good idea and when inspiration hits, all you can do is roll with it.

16. Lock Cade

That's okay... that's how I got started writing anyways... practically stole some ideas... just thank God that I never posted any of my earlier stories...

Besides... I don't think I'll be able to write a fanfic in the near future. There's college, life on the family farm, my desperately trying to rewrite a story I hope to publish... and trying to find a REAL job.

17. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i hope you can get back to it soon, T+C. and yeah, that one post is true about the INFINITESMAL (sp) feedback we get for our 'fics. don't let that stop you from writing, though.

18. Lock Cade

Hopefully... if only life could just leave me be for a while so that I could actually have time to focus on my writing. Don't worry... I encourage tons of feedback. I'm an aspiring novelist... I need feedback so that I can improve. One thing one eventually finds out about me is that I will keep working on the same story until I'm thoroughly satisfied with the way it turned out.

19. Lock Cade

AS OF MARCH 28, 2007:

I decided that I will not go ahead and write the fanfic. No, it's not because Hakudoushi is doing his/her take on my idea, but I have a hard time writing stories about characters that have already been established. It's not like this is the first time that I've attempted to write a fanfic, I've failed in trying to write a couple of Sailor Moon fanfics, so I decided that it's much more fun reading fanfics than trying to write them.

But hey, since I seem to have a knack for coming up with ideas for stories, I am always on hand if any of you fanfic writers out there could use any. If I could inspire Hakudoushi, then I can do the same for the rest of you guys. So call me up for fanfic ideas!