3D Artwork: TF Fancharacter: Showtime

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by GeneralSoundwav, Jul 24, 2009.

1. GeneralSoundwav

GeneralSoundwav 3D TF Artsist

The video of this guy Transforming is actually completed.... I have to figure out how to post it in here....

Fully loaded Original G-1 concept Transformer:

Showdown - '67 Shelby Mustang with body-kit.
    12,409 polygons - Alt/Root-Modes, including Interior
    Normal Mapped and textured like a mo-fo....
    Hologram shader on the left-arm/Passenger door of vehicles changes color depending on the angle of the vehicle!

This character was also created in Honor of the Halo Lead Artist, Shikai Wang. He changed my life when it came to FPS games and I am a HUGE fan of his art. Bungie.net : Staff Bio

Every series needs a mini-boss. This is my interpretation of one. By far this is one of the most intricate things I have ever built. There is VERY minimal scaling involved... i think MAYBE 1 part scales when Transforming. Video forthcoming.

Bio:
    This cocky young robot has a twin brother known as Showtime and together, they prove to be a menacing duo like no other. Apart, they become weak and flawed. When ordered, he will convey a clear message as to why hes called Showdown. When not in the middle of a fight, he becomes overzealous about looking good and swears he is the best looking thing on Wheels. On one occasion, SIDESWIPE was having an off-day and became mildly jealous and discouraged during a firefight due to Showdowns incessant taunting. Also believes that if it weren't for MENASOR, the STUNTICONS would be an absolute waste of MEGATRONS time due to their lack of common sense.

Has the ability to verbally attack his opponents COURAGE and lower it, making his opponents morale drop significantly and rethink its battle-plan... mostly by running away. Equipped with a double-barreled Flack-Shock Cannon that has been known to disable his enemies battle systems when taking too much damage from it. Unsure as to weather to join the AUTOBOT cause, Showdown is in dread fear to stand up to any of the DECEPTICONS due to his lack of flight capabilities. He fears SKYWARPS uncanny ability to assassinate traitors the most.

Strength 4
    Intelligence 4
    Speed 7
    Endurance 4
    Rank 3
    Courage 4
    Firepower 5
    Skill 6

Attached Files:

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, thats a killer looking model. :thumb  You can tell a lot of effort was put in. Looking forward to the video. Did you think of putting it on youtube?

3. GeneralSoundwav

yo Venksta! Im the same GeneralSoundwave thats on Deviant Art! I'll be posting the video on DeviantArt and then Ill send a link over here. Thank you for your compliment!

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually recognized you by the style of this model. :)  I think it would help if you posted some more renders of your model. All that work, and only one picture doesn't seem to give much attention.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Best if you upload it to Youtube, then make a thread with the Video prefix, and post the link to the youtube vid in that thread. This will make it where the video is embedded directly into the thread. :) 

6. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Wow I don't know how you people do this it is amazing.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like this. My only suggestion is that his robot mode looks just a tad too akin to Sideswipe. Unless you have a good explanation for this, I think I'd simply suggest varying the design just a bit.

I really think you have a winner on your hands here. Thanks for sharing, and I hope we see more from you! :thumb 

8. GeneralSoundwav

REDLINE:
    I can embed FLV files straight into here without bothering witha blasted youtube account... I think.... it worked on my blogsite at least... What did you think of the piece?

StarSaber79
    I went to 2 different Art Institutes.... They taught me the basics, but I had to learn how to do this kind of stuff on my own. If youre interested in a career in 3D and videogames, I reccomend 3 schools.... The Nintendo College in Seattle, Dave School in Tampa Florida, or Full Sail in Orlando Florida. Full Sail is the cheapest of that list and offers an ama-za-zing curriculum. Thanks for your compliment!!!

Superquad7
    I guess you didn't read the bio... in fact there are 2 explanations for it, but I shant share the second reason at this time.... Thanks for the compliment homie :)