TF Devastation Theory.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kaijumaster, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I loaned all my issues of the IDW verse to a friend the other day. (Board member Neoboy3000) Upon completion he commented "Wow bad news with Sixshot heading to Earth, good thing the Autobots have thier own all-powerful berserker with Kup." he said it offhand but my eyes lit up, that MAY BE where IDW is heading. now normally I wouldn't waste the boards time with a theory but... A) It's a darn good one and he should get credit if he's right and B) just IMAGINE the art that would accompany such a fight, especially if they used the Spotlights cracked out art to go with E.J. Su's.

2. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Just bring Pat Lee in the mix and i'll be fine with it! Just kidding!

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, I've not been following Spotlight thoroughly but who's the "all powerful berserker" with Kup?

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    berserker kup FTW!

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Kup only tears Autobots apart.

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    cause only Autobots came at him. imagine what he'd do to a decepticon.

7. Godzilla2

Did they already introduce Devastator?

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Actually, "Devastation" refers to the next phrase (of sorts) of Decepticon plans to conquor a planet.

9. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Hmm. I could actually almost see that happening...

10. Godzilla2

Yeah but Megs is bringing in SIXSHOT, why would he need anyone else?

11. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Because hes' taking over over a planet filled with Autobots who just handed him his ass.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That doesn't sound like the books I've been reading.
    I would say the Decepticons won -though not decisively.

For a while there it looked like Prime died.

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Actually, I believe the stage known as "Devastation" probably doesn't require such a heavy hitter like Sixshot...this can be be implied by Astrotrain's reaction why he heard Megatron's orders.

Actually, the only reason why Optimus lost was because of the "super fuel" that Megatron ingested aka Ore-13 (can't remember) if it wasn't for that, I don't think Megatron would have won. At the most, the battle would have been a stalemate.

And prior to Prime's beat down, it seems to me the Autobots were in control. For example, Blitzwing was taken out by Roller and the Autobots had the other Decepticon Skywarp pinned down - if I remembered correctly.

14. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Then Prime comes back, and hands megatron his ass. By shooting him in the face. And with the time spent in the battle, the Ore 13 effect where off and Megatron turns into a pistol and is flown away.

Or did you not read Escalation #6? If not... uh, spoilers above.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    There's a number 6?
    Just kidding...

Yeah, you could look at it either way.

16. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Well I felt that the "Escalation" battle ended with neither side winning. Let's look at what each side hoped to accomplish in this battle.

The Decepticon's Primary Objective was to destabilize the Brasnian area to the extent that full scale war would break out between the Seperatists and the Russians.

The Autobot's Primary Objective was to prevent that from happening. In addition to that, they had a secondary objective of retrieving the Kohsaka Replicant.

Now the Autobots clearly failed to clear their secondary objective. As for both Side's Primary objective, the Decepticons did manage to aggravate the situation till the point that there was almost a military confrontation between the two countries, and both sides did actually fire upon one another, but the Autobots prevented a full-on Skirmish from erupting. In the end, tensions were definitely heightened between the two countries, though it remains to be seen whether war might erupt in the future. The situation as it stands can go either way so it is too early to say which side managed to accomplish its objective.

However, in the battle, both sides revealed their true nature to the humans, something they had not intended to do at the beginning and in direct breach of all current protocols. Another loss for both sides.

Right now, all we can say is that this battle was a draw. An interesting outcome that is not very common in TF lore.

17. Godzilla2

I just hope the Decpticons killl those annoying kids! I wonder what Autobots are gonna be used in the next arc! I hope Blurr and Mirage makes an appearance!

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Sure the Auotbots may have failed their secondary objective but they succeeded in their main one i.e. to prevent a full scale war in Russian. Completing their secondary objectives would just make the Autobots' life "easier" as they could possibly study the Kohsaka replicant and maybe uncover more replicants.

I will take it as an Autobot win if not, Megatron wouldn't have been so cheesed off until the extent that he decides to move into the next phrase - Devestation and, to Astrotrain's deisblief, summon Sixshot - which is "overkill" on Meg's part.

Definitely a win for the Autobots in the "Escalation" stage but bitter-sweet.