2D Artwork: TF Design WIP

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little late at this, but figured I should put up a WIP shot of the TF I'm drawing for the contest (still got a couple days to get it finished). Still a bit early in the process. Just getting the basic structures down. Not going to mention who it is, though it shouldn't be too hard to guess. Might have a drawing of the alt-mode up later tonight, it's definitely unique :ev: . Thanks for any and all comments.

Attached Files:

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    :tumbleweed: 

Here's an updated version. Still have a good amount to do. I'll have a wip of the alt-mode and some of my earlier designs posted tomorrow. I've been concentrating on the bot-mode for the time being.

Attached Files:

3. Magmatron22

Magmatron22 HADOUKEN!!!

OOh that looks interesting and by that I don't mean bad I mean different and creative....soo who is it?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks, something different and creative was my goal :D  As for who it is, I'm going to see if someone can guess. I think that once I put up pictures of my ideas for the head and arms it'll be easier. At the moment I'm not sure how recognizable he is to anybody else. I'd mention the alt-mode I have in the works, but I want it to be a little surprise, and it would actually just further confuse people as to who it's supposed to be. Actually, I've got three alt-modes for him. One of which is a homage to the original, one is meant soley for travel, and the third is his main/preferred alt-mode. I've also got a bit of a bio/back story in the works for him.

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

So he's a triple-changer..okay, but why do I get this Insecticon vibe from it.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, he's a quadruple changer, bot-mode plus three alt-modes, so four modes in all. As for the insecticon vibe you're getting, it's probably from the generally spikiness to the design, and the look to the three legs, which look like they could be an insects.

7. Ezilla82

My bad a quad changer... man I don't have the foggiest clue want it could be.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, here's the beginnings of one of his alt-modes. Not all that much too it at the moment. Nothing new for the bot-mode just yet. I'm gong to scan some of my previous drawings for this, some of which may help show who this is supposed to be.

Edit: Here's a couple of my early designs. The first one has the original body design, a head idea, and a weapon idea (it's supposed to be a cannon made from his arms, similar to TF1 Megatron's). The second one is drawn on the back of a list I made (of the TF's I own/plan to get), it's of an arm idea and a head idea. This arm is closer to what I'll be drawing for the final version.

Attached Files:

9. Ezilla82

It must be either Bludgeon or Galvatron.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Almost have the one alt-mode finished. Just have some details to finish. As for who it is, all I'll say for now is that you're definitley going in the right direction, and that this alt-mode here is the only one out of the three that can move on it's own :ev: 

Attached Files:

11. Ezilla82

You teaser you. I'm still stumped...must need more clues to figure out who the heck is this bot in particular.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I like to keep people guessing :ev: 

Anyways, here's what I think will be the final version of the first alt-mode, and also, here's the second alt-mode. It's mostly finished, but there's a couple more details I'm thinking of adding. This second alt-mode is my attempt at a homage to the original. It's one of the two stationary alt-modes (aka they don't move on their own). May not be as close to the original as some people would want, but I think it fits well enough. Only one more alt-mode, and this is the one that's going to baffle/confuse a lot of people :ev: 

Attached Files:

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, here's what I've got in the works for the arms. They're mostly done, but I'm not entirely happy with the upper arms. I'll most likely end up altering those to be shorter. Just starting to work on the third alt-mode, the one that this incarnation of this character prefers to transform into. I'm pretty happy with the canon so far, though it'll look even better once colored :ev: 

On a side note, the more I look at him, the more he looks like a crab, lol.

Attached Files:

14. Ezilla82

Shockwave...maybe.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ooohh....you're getting colder :ev: 

I'm gong to save the third alt-mode for when I submit this. I've started to work on the colors and some affects to give him some depth. This is what I'm working on so far. Not sure if I'll have enough time to digi all the alt-modes, but I'll at least get the one done, and then post the design sketches of the other two. This should help point you in the direction of who this is supposed to be :ev: 

Attached Files:

16. Ezilla82

It has to be Galvatron, the purple...the red abs...come on it has to be.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, it's my take on a Movie-verse Galvatron. I'm slightly surprised that the abs being there in the first place didn't give it away, lol. Only other bot I can think of that's ever had abs is Unicron.

18. Ezilla82

Wow! That was an intriguing play of detective work ever. So Galvatron...dang..he's going to be an ugly sucker.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits: