TF CYBERVERSE CHAPTER 1: EP. 6. "MEGATRON IS MY HERO" DISCUSSION (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by AirjitzuRonin, Sep 5, 2018.

?

What did you think of this episode?

1. 1/5 - Scrap

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. 2/5 - Poor

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. 3/5 - Fine

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. 4/5 - Good

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
  5. 5/5 - Prime!

19 vote(s)
    39.6%
  1. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Exactly.

I think this is the best episode in the series so far. It's a great way of introducing Megatron, especially for people unfamiliar with Transformers and its characters.

It was also fairly interesting seeing Bumblebee gradually re-learn the truth about his greatest enemy, and while anyone familiar with modern versions of Bumblebee saw the twist of Megatron being the one to silence him a mile away, the actual buildup with Windblade's reluctance to go right out and say it was very well done.

The only problem, really, is that the show doesn't provide a satisfying answer as to what prompted Megatron to challenge the status quo, but I can forgive it for not wanting to bog down a kid's show in robot politics.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 3:50 PM
    • Like Like x 3
  2. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

I don't think the intent was to make it seem like a joke. The intent was a strong moment for the characters. Windblade has repeatedly shown she cares for him, this memory hurt her and probably hurt him. Bumblebee wasn't just joking to be silly, he was assuring his friend "look I'm fine, I can still be happy, still talk, everything is fine. Megatron may have hurt me in the past, but its fine now!" That was the point, that was the intent.

• Like Like x 5
  3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

I don't think that's the message they were sending at all. I don't even think it was really a joke. I think the message they were intending to send to kids is that bad things happen but you shouldn't let it ruin your life. Which is still a pretty bad message because I don't think anyone really has a choice in that. I mean sure you could laugh it off and pretend it doesn't bother you but the reality is that even if other people don't see it, you are still effected by it.

This takes place some YEARS after Bumblebee lost his voice box so it's likely he's learned to cope with it by joking and pretending it doesn't bother him. He seems to be joking more for Windblade's benefit than his own.

It's like when someone asks if you're OK and you respond with a fake smile saying you're fine when really you feel like crap and just don't want to talk about or think they don't really care in the first place.

Though this also took place inside Bumblebee's mind so if he was hiding deeper feelings I have no clue how he was able to hide it. The whole acting like you don't care on the outside while secretly being really depressed on the inside doesn't really work when you're inside the person's mind to begin with. Though it also doesn't make sense that Bumblebee didn't know he could still talk in his mind. Does he not have an inner voice when Windblade isn't hooked up to him?

• Like Like x 1
  5. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

That's why I think its more a character thing to convey the strong relationship between those two, rather than some lesson or message.

• Like Like x 1