TF CYBERVERSE CHAPTER 1: EP. 18. "ERUPTION" DISCUSSION (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by AirjitzuRonin, Dec 23, 2018.

?

What did you think of the episode?

1. 1/5 - Scrap

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. 2/5 - Poor

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. 3/5 - Fine

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. 4/5 - Good

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  5. 5/5 - Prime!

20 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

The Autobot team must fight its way through Shockwave and his Decepticons to defend the Ark and awaken Optimus Prime and the other Autobots.

Airdate; December 29th, 2018

2. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Kinda hate that they ended it on a cliffhanger

3. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Oh wow my son is going to hate the cliffhanger ending so so much lol.

So while watching this ep i couldnt help but think Teletran X reminds me of claptrap...

My question is now that the autobots are back togther will we see more of BB memories, im sure we will, we still have to find the AllSpark after all

4. Nope

Nope nightscream likes EXTRA ketchup on his fries

News Credits:
    I hope so. Obviously there will be more pressing concerns at first with Starscream's arrival, but Bee's pre-war memories were usually the highlight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    not gonna lie i would love a series that shows off the transformers before the wars, or the build up towards it, this show is the closet ive ever had to this

• Like Like x 5
  6. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

Actually I prefer a cliff hanger because it pulls you back for more. And I agree that we need more stuff with the past, but I do like that they are mixing things as we go with presents and past events and probably will show more as the storyline unfolds.

Also now with both Shockwave and Starscream on earth, is it going go become a competition as to whom the seekers will follow? Because while Shockwave is ruthless and cunning, and I hope we get more backstory with him and Wheeljack, Starscream has been shown to be a threat and some what charismatic.

So this should be fun dealing with them.

7. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I loved this episode, and my favorite part is that they more or less confirmed Rack'n'Ruin is going to be a recurring character.

Though my driving question now is this; where's Hot Rod? I want to assume he and Kup are on the Ark so we get the surviving '86 cars. I hope S2 reveals a LOT more Autobots who were on the Ark

8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I watched this about a week ago, but I don't think I ever posted about it...

I thought it was an interesting ending. Was it interesting enough to keep me watching next season? Eh, maybe. I'll wait and see what the general setup and premise is. Hopefully they also smooth out the rough edges.

Honestly, I kind of feel like this ending should have come halfway through the season. There were some neat episodes with legitimately new stuff (MacAdams, the Cybetron sports, the speed planet), but a lot of them were kind of bland. For instance, they probably could have eliminated the episode where Windblade was flying around the arctic, and just added whatever info was given there in a different episode. I'm not sure we needed 18 episodes devoted to finding the Ark. Maybe if it were more of a mystery that the audience could try to solve themselves. As it is, this season pretty much only exists to set up the traditional conflict.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Oh, one thing to note when the Autobots wake up; the Bouncer from Cube is among the Ark's crewmembers! I can rewatch and screencap if need be

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

The last episode was called Awaken Sleeping Giants and in this episode the sleeping giants actually awaken... at the end... Would of been better if the Autobots woke up earlier and joined the fight instead of the cannons on the Ark providing back up that should of been the moment that Optimus and the others showed up. Other than that it was a pretty good episode.

11. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame robooty to the max

Twitter:
    I mean, in a way it kinda is, considering the entire "season" would make up half a season of a normal TF show.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

I think this didn't occur because they wanted to save the full Ark Autobot team til Season 2 and intended to just unveil them at the end for an epic cliffhanger/reveal moment. To me this strategy actually worked and I can't wait to see them in action. Had they debuted midway through the episode and not the end, it would've taken away from the cool moment for the ending.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

That cannon backup scene was pretty close to the end of the episode anyway and seeing them actually DO something instead of just standing there at the end of the episode I think would of only ADDED to the epicness of that ending not taken away from it. They might as well have not woken up at all since we never see them do anything. They just kinda stand there awkwardly while Bumbleee hugs Optimus Prime... which is also awkward since Optimus is just standing there like "why the hell is this little yellow guy hugging me?"

They missed the epic moment by not having them join the fight and just awkwardly shoehorned them in at the last possible second to just stand there. There's nothing epic about just standing there doing absolutely nothing. They might as well have stayed in stasis till the next episode since they're utterly useless here.

14. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

Yes! I saw him and was like, who is that guy!? Good to know someone else spotted him. His coloring made me think of Trailbreaker or Windcharger for a second. It will be interesting to see if they give him a name.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I've got a feeling that 'bouncer' is Trailbreaker - the colours and design are just a little more MTMTE comic than G1.

16. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Meh.

News Credits:
    Screenshot_4.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  17. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    I liked it. It was fun.

That was an awfully low group of Autobots for that many pods. Rooting for an Arcee toy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was fun episode! I really like that black/red robot. It kind of looked like it could have worked as a custom WFC obtimus.

Still a little salty that the show has these great designs and the only toy I've seen that interested me is Ultra Shockwave. I would love to buy these characters, I just need more knees! Or fully transforming legends. I'm sure kids are enjoying them, but hopefully the same will happen for Cyberverse that happened for RID2015, as the show goes on the toys get better.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Red Arrow

Red Arrow Member

YouTube:
    At least two more bots are in the Ark but didn't appear in the crowd this episode. (Ratchet and Drift)

I wonder who this is...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    I've also brought up Hot Rod on twitter.

However, I love the idea that Hot Rod did wake up but is waiting for a dramatic moment to join the fray