TF cravings

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right...so as of late I have had this weird thing happening to me. Even though I have a certain toy, both loose and misb I feel a strong desire to buy more of them and keep them misb. This time around it was Metroplex.

I have a loose one that I have had since I was a kid. I have another loose one that I got as a part of a trade. I bought one of the encore ones and opened it to inspect, last month I bought another one to keep misb and even then...I felt such a strong need for him that I bough 5 more to keep misb.

I mean...he is one of my favorite g1's ever...but do I really need 2 loose, 1 mib and 6 misb? No!!...and yet I'm really tempted to buy more of him...

So my question to you is: have you ever felt like you have to get another copy of a toy even though you have 1 allready?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, the BBTS Seacons.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

Both times they went to $30 I got one. If they do it again, I'll probably get another one.

Also I have 28 copies (27 MIB) of Generations Scourge...

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'm getting Five of each Deluxe Vehicon that is made. Does that count?

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Welcome to the party. I think universe Hound and cyclonus was the first time I went truly mad with army building/ grabbing toys for the sake of grabbing more awesome toys.

Also Stormclound, Powerglide, and Silverbolt when walmart had them for $11

Could not help myself. Their awesome massive aircraft robot presence calmed me from buying expensive yamato Valkyries.

I have ten stormclouds.

Probably going to stop with at least ten vehicons, as well. Mainly because by that point I kind of get bored with opening the same figure packageing, but can basicly do the transformation in my sleep by that point.

If your buying what you like. Then that's great. Go ahead a pick up extras. I'm sure that G1 toy is of personal importance to you. If its causeing hoarding/ clutter issues for your family to worry about, or if your buying toys beyond your financial means. Then you have a problem and should consider scaleing back, and finding some other methods of chilling the plastic crack addiction, buy a video game, a movie, or a book instead. Go to a thrift store to look for old toys. transformers are so inexpensive comparatively for what you get, sure its easy to feel empowered by that rush.

Just saying there are other things that may be able to satiate your high, so you don't burn out.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  6. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    Yea I have 3 Leader Ironhides, 2 Generations Warpaths, 2 Leader Starscreams, 2 Generations Wheeljacks, 3 Hercules', 2 Buster Primes, 2 Leader Primes....so yea...I get lots of multiples. Mostly because I like to display in multiple modes.

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Anyone remember that fellow who apparently kept buying more and more Dreadwinds?

We demand pictures.

8. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure, I got the loose ones in the attic, and the 5 I ordered should be here by tuesday/wednesday if it doesn't get stuck in customs. I'll make sure to do a nice group shot of them when they get here.

I could show you the misb and mib one now though if you want as they are both in this room.

9. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, Glad I don't have that problem! I can see at most two of a figure with the exception of troop builders such as the insecticons, vehicons, junkions, etc... For the most part I only have one of each figure, and in the cases that I have a double, it's usually one sealed and one open.

10. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    I don't like to troopbuild, but I have been getting multiples of the DotM Cyberverse "bases" as they go on clearance to make my overall Cyberverse base-thing bigger.

11. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

Prime vehicons may be the first time I ever buy more than one for troop display

12. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    I'll second that!

13. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thirded. Man, these guys are going to be impossible to find at retail.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the same weird thing for Kenner Crime Attack Batman and Combat Belt Batman. I have several versions of both loose and MOC. Everytime I see one at a good price I am like I gotta buy it!

Animated Rodimus is kind of like that too. I think I have like 6 of him.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, he drove the price of him through the roof on every auction. lol. still holds close to that value now, i place the blame fully on him for that figures rarity and price

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did that with Skyblast (shocker, right?) and to a lesser extent with the other Energon scouts. I ended up with 7 Skyblasts plus 1 of his Japanese edition, and 7 of each of the two movie line repaints of him. It was sort of legit troop building at first but got a little out of hand with that green pixelated camo version.

Yeah, that bastard...

17. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'll sometimes buy a second figure if I really love it! Animated Roddy and grimlock spring to mind!

18. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah...I have the same problem with RID soundwave. I only have 2(one loose, one mosc)...but everytime I see him I have to fight the urge to buy him

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't know why, but Rotf Ransack/Divebomb.
    gawd, i want dozens of that mold.

20. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I have definitely purchased multiples of the same figure before. Mostly (and this is why I have waaaay too much stuff) it's when I want to carry around a figure that I really like, but don't want to risk damaging the one I bought for display. There have also been situations of purchasing a lot of figures and a few that I already own are included. I've very rarely intentionally done a troop building purchase for Transformers. G.I. Joe's, though? I don't even like to think about those purchases... :lol