TF Collector's Club Magazine #21 arriving

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kenucme, May 24, 2008.

1. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just received my latest issue of the TF Club magazine for June/July 08.

This issue was mainly the follow-up for BotCon 2008. Brian mentioned in his column how the convention toys for next year are already in the works. Date and location for the next BotCon are being worked on as well. Fans are encouraged to attend for the 25th anniversary and the TF movie sequel.

The club membership figure Topspin (spelled that way in Brian's column) is delayed until late-July. The figures did not arrive with the BotCon toys, but are expected in late June.

The most revealing thing is contained in the Transtech comic. Topspin makes his debut here with an extraordinary ability. He can apparently handle Cybertronian sparks without the use of other technology, particularly a magnetic cage. In essence, it gives him the ability to transfer sparks between bodies. Lanquake comments how such an ability could be... lethal.

Later, Alpha Trion presents Skyfall a sword. The bearer of the sword is under constant bombardment from ancient and evil thoughts. The sword belonged to a Decepticon leader named 'Slaughter'. This part here is just my own theory, but could this be the name of the next Club membership figure? We have already heard that the body would be based on Energon Barricade, who is a Decepticon. It would help balance the combiner scheme, as Landquake is now outnumbered 3 to 1 with Topspin coming aboard.

*EDIT*
    Thanks for pointing it out.... Topspin is a Decepticon. I went back and looked at the Club picture for him.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Well, poop. I was looking forward to seeing that toy any day now.

And Topspin's a Decepticon-- this balances out the combiner components so far, two-to-two.

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Any news on upcoming figures aside Botcon figures?

4. RidgeRanger

RidgeRanger Banned

Well, we have already seen Barricade in his club combiner colors in the Botcon comic as part of Shattered Glass Megatron's crew. So, the answer to your theory is probably no.

5. Kenucme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just the ones already displayed at BotCon were featured in the Club magazine.

6. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, Barricade is on page 20 of the SG BotCon comic with good Megatron. He will be a good guy.

7. Kenucme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for pointing that out! I missed that part and had to go back and check.

I saw this mentioned as well which discredits my theory:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=2120019&postcount=144

The following post helps solidify it'll be Barricade. Too bad.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is he a Sergeant? :) 

I'm not seeing how one negates the other here.

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Nor I. No reason that the Barricade repaint can't be named Slaughter. Nice little tribute to the "Onslaught as main Bruticus component" as well.

10. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sounds like a dull issue. :( 

11. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    What did you think of the "Senator"?

That design is just crazy, I need to have Alex create an alt mode for him lol...

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Gah! Now I want to know what's going on! Curse you, mail system!! :lol 

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Or the exact opposite. The club conbiner components have been revealed to be parts of a whole, with that whole being having been designated a "Prime." Perhaps Topspin's ability will allow him to merge the sparks of the five separate components back into the ancient combined Prime form.

OOOH! Even better, what if this "shattering" of the original form is what caused the divergence of the "Shattered Glass" timeline? If the cameo in the Botcon comic WAS the actual combiner figure, it would be a great reason for his presence in that universe, as well as a great reason for the rest of team to travel there to find him. Perhaps their rejoining in the SG-verse would be the catalyst to end that war and usher that dimension's Cybertron to its Golden Age. There IS still that hanging "Optimus discovered something that drove him mad" from this year's convention issue.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I kinda figured the Barricade-recolor was a typical comic cameo (such as Shattered Glass Soundwave being based on the white ML toy) with Don being 'in the know' on future club releases, but there could be more to it than that. Would be interesting if the group's next stop is the Shattered Glass universe (reuniting with Cliffjumper). It would also throw a nice mix into the combiner "ratio", since that would make two Autobots, two Decepticons, and one good-guy Decepticon. (though with the name 'Slaughter'... hmmm)

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I think we heard somewhere that they were going to the SG-verse after Transtech, but I'm not 100% positive. I'm not the only one who seems to recall that, though.

16. Kenucme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah yes, Senator Ratbat.... he rather looked like the G1 batform as the head and shoulders of the total figure.

17. Kenucme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm having mixed thoughts concerning Shatterdverse Barricade being this Slaughter. While we would expect the SG Barricade to be 'good' because he is a Decepticon, I'm expecting Slaughter to be downright evil. That being because of the Sword which Alpha Trion admits gives off evil. Any ideas?

18. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I actually asked the whole "Is the Club comic going to be going into the Shattered verse next year because of the cameo of the final combiner component in the comic?" question at the Club panel, and while they didn't want to reveal anything fiction-wise, they did say that Don just draw that in as an Easter Egg, nothing more.

19. GrantB

GrantB Drink it

News Credits:
    When I read that, I just figured that it was a reference to some kind of warped evil Matrix. I would be really surprised if my hypothesis is far off the mark.

20. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Even if you're right, it's still a hanging thread.