TF Classics At TF.com Including MEGATRON!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TriBlurr, May 26, 2006.

1. yellowghetto

yellowghetto :B

just did a quick digibash (i don't want my boss to catch me goofing off!).

all i have to say is... amazing. megatron as a gun rocks, even if it is a nerf-looking one. at least it's not like the oozinator.

i haven't been overly enthused about most of the recent TF lines (like, i HAVE to have all of them! enthused) and mostly stick to just binaltech/alternators... but these are just awesome and i have to get them all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm just amazed right now. Hotrod looks so awesome. I just love the way it looks. Love that Megatron has an arm cannon. :rock  :rock  :rock  Horray for Hasbro!!!!!! :rock  :rock  :rock 

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Megatron looks pretty nice given the realistic limitations put on making a toy gun. Still, I think the green on the wings could have been done less prominantly as it's really throwing off the whole bot mode for me right now. Actually, the wings are throwing me off... has been since the black and white picks, but I like him. Looks great, but not what I was expecting. :thumb 

I won't comment on the others as I did that in the other thread. It's interesting that they slightly reposed Hot Rod (Rodimus... for god sakes just throw Autobot infront of it just like you do every other G1 name) and Starscream... the toys don't look any different to me though. Still look pretty good.

Hey, Dark Magnus, are you actually being picky about a toy?

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just noticed this...

Starscream's jet cannopy is upside-down on his robot chest relative to every other incarnation of G1 Starscream. In other words, the part of the cockpit closest to the nose cone points up, not down. Interesting.

And while Hotrod remains my second favorite (behind the newly-revealed Megatron), it looks like he has no knees. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a knee joint there.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Megs = BADASS.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's weird, but I like Megatron.

I really like it.

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks like instead of folding down, Starscream's jet nose rotates 180 degrees and pushes straight down into the body (which is I guess why it's sunk in) and then the nose folds back revealing the head.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    color me shocked

there's not as much outrage on the colors as i had thought there'd be :p 

personally they're a bit meh to me, but i can understand them being restricted

9. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Don't like Megatron's colors at all. That purple needs to go. And not too fond of him being a shell former. Never liked them at all.

A quick "what could have been"

[​IMG]

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i think cuz, aside from the green (damn, that Purple above looks so much better!) he's kind of got a "MegGalvatron" scheme going on, which i sure like :D 

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not reaaally a shellformer, IMO. One leg is the handle, the other is the grip on the bottom of the gun. Cannon arm turns into the "safety", and his noncannon arm turns into the block under the gunbarrel.

It's also worth noting that the TFClub login site has an additional picture of Megatron's robot mode from a lower angle, which shows both that he has decent-sized eyes and a swivel at the top of his forearm. No CybScourge innerbent elbows! :D 

12. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

eep that translucent green on the inside being so visible in bot mode is kind of icky... otherwise Megatron is pretty damn cool

kind of silly that they have to safety tip even something like that, but thems the rules

13. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow it looks like two completely different head molds on the TFClub site... nice find Vang!

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Finally saw these things and overall they're pretty good, none of them really totally blow me away but for the price I didn't expect them too.

Biggest dissapointment is Hot rod, were it not for the spoiler with the concept sketch I wouldn't be able to say this but I am so I will.

What I liked best about the concept was that it didn't have wheels on the legs which was true to the animation model as well as being a unique and interesting transformation mechanism.

This also has really weak looking arms, seriously I'd expect to see arms like that on a minicon.

Astrotrain is cool, no complaints here, Starscream is very cool but I am totally perplexed by the peoiple who think this is better then the MP version.
    Prime I don't really like all that much, techincally it's good and yes the gun is lovely but the figures look just dosen't appeal to me.

Megs is pure awesomness and the biggest surprise so far, I had readied myself for a dissapointemnt with him but it was not to be. Good colours, great scuplt, cool looking gun and brilliantly fun looking transformation.
    A real winner. :rock 

I'm intending to just buy a case (you London boys down with that?) so I'll get them all anyway but those are my opinions.

Now I am most looking forward to Grimlock and Sky/Jet fire, whichever one it is. Jetfire has to be awesome or I will sulk for an hour or so.

15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Oh god, a NERF colored Megatron...Oh well, better than nothing. Everything else looks badass. But Hot Rod being called Rodimus...no. But I DIG Starscream.

16. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

That green is horrible on megatron but it'll be cool to have a toy gun to play with at the desk.

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He is purple because purple is the decepticon color, I am guessing that is why they chose purple for him. I don't know about the green though...

18. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Aside from the green on Megatron's 'wings', I think he looks absolutely amazing! The colours are bright enough(safety standards, y'know) but not too bright. They retain their dark purplish Decepticon look. His head sculpt looks great and the whole robot mode has a very 'Megatron' feel to it - not to mention that arm cannon is awesome!

Looks like the Decepticons out-cool the Autobots in this new series, just like they do every time!!! :D 

19. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

This is just amazing, I could care less about the colors being use. Just seeing megatron as a gun again and with a sweet robot mode on top of that i am very happy. I'm loving this Classics line, no other line can even compare to it.

20. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

By far, Screamer and Hot Rod I think are the closest to their original designs. When I saw Megatron's color scheme, I thought of Armada Tidal Wave, US scheme.

I'm mixed on Megs, but I believe his pros outweigh the cons.