TF Blue Big Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

So how many of us on here own the blue big convoy?? Im wondering if more than 10 exist. Possibly some being prototypes or that more were made than the 10 given away for the drawing

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Heres what I know, I was keeping track of what day366 was selling and I believe my last count was 9 and he wouldnt sell the 10th. I believe he also ended up with all the gold magmatrons and all the black magmatrons.

Rdfnd1253 - 1
    Ultraconvoy - 2
    Malach Ra - 1 or 2 (dont remember)
    TF@TM - 1
    day366 - 1

3. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    conspiracy!

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    guy down here in miami has one(bought it from day also). so count 7. i only have one and i love that mofo...almost as much as my silver galvy. i think me and uc are the only ones to get em less than 1300.

5. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im not super familiar with lucky draws, other than that they exist. how does one guy end up with all 10 of a limited item?

6. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

ummmmmmm...can we some frickin pics.:confused2 

:lol :lol :lol 

7. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    to the best of my knowledge, he was a lucky draw that wasnt a released lucky draw and some how, some way one persone ended up with 10 of them.

8. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    The factory makes extras in addition to the ones given out in the contest. For example, in the description of the recent gold Protoform Starscream auction, Hydra mentioned that he got it through a connection at TV Magazine. Apparently they had an extra one.

So apparently there are more than just the 10 given out in the contest.

9. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    i'm just going off what we have seen(and have) and what we havent seen. all the bbc's released were loose with red weapons. I believe this LD was released in 1999 and never has anyone sold one with the prize campign paperwork let alone in a box. this is one hell of a weird LD. but if there is more out there I'm interested to see. i am still set iin my opinion that this LD never made it out prize campaign or a kids house who won it. till i am proved wrong(and I do get proved wrong alot...LOL) I am staying with this assumption. all respect due to might gaine. peace out homies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Rdfnd1253

hmmm it does make you wonder if that is the case....I wish I could make my own
    lol

11. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Malach ra I agree, I don't think these made it out to people and I have a feeling it was the same with the black magmatron and gold magmatron as it seams day366 has all 10 of those also. Another strange thing about the magmatrons, tf@tm says theres weapon variants out there of these guys which seams kinda fishy, why would they have used another mold to make these when it was such a limited run.

12. Rdfnd1253

Hey CZ,

TFatthemoon told me the weapon variant was basically some weapons were gold plastic instead of being chromed. They were probably weapons to the prototype of the gold magmatron. One good example to prove this theory is that the gold lio convoy tf@themoon has is all gold plastic and the regular magazine giveaway was gold chrome.

13. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Thanks Dave that I wasent aware of.

14. Rdfnd1253

No problem fellow TF lucky draw collector!

15. Rdfnd1253

o boy i cant wait to get more cash and oick me up anothrt blue big convoy

16. Rdfnd1253

o boy i cant wait to get more cash and pick me up anothrt blue big convoy

17. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    If this is true, then there would be no winners for the Blue Big Convoy contest, correct? They wouldn't announce winners knowing that there were no toys to send out to them, right? TF@TM probably has the magazine where the winners are announced. If he can take a picture of the list of winners in the back of the magazine that came out two months after the contest was announced, then i can check to see if there is a list of winners for the toy. That will prove or disprove the theory.

The fact that not 1 of 10 limited run toys have ever surfaced for sale publicly before is not good evidence that the toy was never given away in the contest IMHO. For one thing, Beast Wars-era Lucky Draws don't surface as frequently as later lucky draws--there wasn't as much demand for them back then.

Also, there are only 10. For all we know, they went to ten 5 year olds whose parents threw their toys away when they outgrew them. 10 is not a large number. That possibility is not so extraordinary. This is primarily a magazine for kids, after all. Most of the contest toys go to them, not collectors.

And on top of that, we HAVE seen a picture of one of them prior to the recent sales. It was a crummy picture that TF@TM used to have on their site. It clearly was one that someone possessed, not a scan from a magazine.

Anyway, if TF@TM can take a picture of the winners page I mentioned above, that should settle it.

18. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    well, we have never seen a red or gold primal in box or even for sale either so might gaines theory is sound also.

19. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Here are some more arguments--We've only seen 1 coloring contest Fatty Convoy for sale on the aftermarket--does that mean he was never released? Same with coloring contest Robotmaster Convoy.

Plus, why do you think all these 10-off toys we've seen on Ebay over the past couple years don't have certificates of authenticity/congratulatory letters? I can understand if it is something someone has owned for a long time, and maybe they have lost it over the years, but we were seeing 10-off (more or less) toys like Omega Supreme and Gold Armada Jetfire and Gold Fatty Prime and Gold Armada Prime and Gold Galaxy Convoy, all within a year of release showing up on Ebay without their paperwork. These are clearly not coming from the contests. But that doesn't mean these don't also get given away in the contests. (For example, there was a gold Jetfire on Yahoo Japan once where the seller stated that he found it in a thrift store--clearly, given away as a contest prize to a kid despite it showing up several times on Ebay immediately after release.) Clearly, they make extras not released in the contest in addition to the ones released in the contests.

I don't see any reason to think the Blue Big Convoy is any different.

20. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    true Might Gaine, the only Ld's I have with prize paperwork are the gold gf galvatron and the red kicker. its seems finding actual prize toys with prize paperwork is a chore within itself, so everything MG is saying is sound, i just didnt look at it that way before(i like to think my bbc was a unreleased LD, makes it that much more LD)LOL!!!!!!!!!!