TF ARMADA question.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sweep, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

News Credits:
    I never got to see the entire series so I was wondering which toys did not make a cartoon appearance? Does anyone have a list?

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I forget which "Powerlinx" repaints didn't make it, but obvious examples I can think of right away would be Skywarp and the 4 Beast Wars repaints.

I don't remember seeing Powerlinx Red Alert but my memory is hazy on all the repaint stuff, as stated.

You could *sort of* say that Thundercracker didn't make it because his color design was merely used as Starscream's power up on the show.

3. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

off the top of my head Skywarp the beastwars repaints that may have been it other then Wheeljack having Blue lines instaed of the yellow ones

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The beasts Predacon. Terrasaur, Airazor, Cheetor and Rhinox

5. Yurei-Kun

Yurei-Kun Banned

Short memories?

Powerlinx Cyclonus, Powerlinx Thrust, Skywarp, Beasts...

Some of the color schemes in the Armada toys(real men buy Micron!) were so different than the show, you can argue they weren't even in it...Tidal Wave and Hoist for example, who were basically different enough from the show model to be considered a different paint scheme.

6. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I might be stretching a bit, but in one of the earlier episodes, a seeker colored like Skywarp appeared

PL Thrust, Cyclonus, Jetfire, several of the repainted minicon teams didnt either (only the Dark Saber i think...)

Rhinox MADE a cameo in one of the last episodes, in a scene were different TFs were aboarding ships to attack Unicron

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In addition to Skywarp and the five beasts - Powerlinx Cyclonus, Thrust and Jetfire, and any of the Mini-Con repaints.

8. Yurei-Kun

Yurei-Kun Banned

Yeah, I forgot Jetfire...which is actually a decent looking toy.

The Skywarp jet in the prehistory episode is good enough, yes.
    Before Armada debuted, Hasbro were showing off the toys and the two seeker repaints/remolds were actually reversed. Skywarp was blue, Thundercracker was purple. I think the original plan was to bring the purple jet into the show at some point. This of course before they made the remold that cost us Tidal Wave.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also some of the Power Up versions were renamed into different characters by Hasbro so in a way they didn't appear either. Optimus Prime's final battle color theme was neither explained nor shown in the Super Mode version.

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No more or less than the other Powerlinx modes weren't explained - he was exposed to the light of the Mini-Cons, which restored, powered-up and recoloured him.

11. Yurei-Kun

Yurei-Kun Banned

Explained? When the microns united and used the evolution power to transform alot of Unicron's internal workings into a glass-like substance, it bathed Convoy in light, reparing his damage.

As for the Super Mode thing. Originally, Nemesis Prime was the super-mode, and Powerlinx Prime was a supercon. Archer wasn't sure how to approach it and ran a poll as "Orson". Most people stated they would not purchase a superbase Nemesis Prime. Not soon after, we saw Final Battle Prime, and later little Nemesis Prime at a convention.

There were plans in 04 for TRU to follow-up their RID Scourge exclusive with an Armada Nemesis Prime w/clear darksaber. For whatever reason, it never happened and the release was modified later into that Energon biohazard scheme Overload and Superbase Optimus Prime.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    stuff that never made it into the show:

Thundercracker - His color scheme made it in, but not his character
    Powerlinx Thrust
    Powerlinx Cyclonus
    Powerlinx Jetfire
    Cheetor
    Predacon
    Terrorsaur
    Airazor
    and on a minor note: the US Coloration of Tidalwave

Yes, Rhinox was in the show.
    A jet colored like Skywarp was in the show briefly, although it could have just been a generic robot. its impossible to rule him out though.

there are minicon repaints that didnt make it in, along with minicons that just never appeared at all. I dont keep track of that.

13. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

News Credits:
    Okay so, Powerlinks Hot Shot and Demolisher WERE in the show I presume?

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yup.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    When the heck did that happen? As I recall, Thundercracker was first displayed at Botcon 2002, which was where the first episode was previewed. People had assumed an inevitable Skywarp would merely be another repaint. We didn't see Skywarp with his newly tooled parts until quite some time later.

I believe Aaron said they initially wanted Thundercracker to be in the show as a new character, but the japanese side disagreed, there are too few lines to go around.