TF Armada Abridged Casting call! (I got a part in it... =D)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Nov 28, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I AM NOT MAKING THIS BUT I GOT THE PART OF TIDAL WAVE IN IT.... =D
    SO DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT IT, INSTEAD GO ON YOUTUBE AND ASK THIS DUDE QUESTIONS!

YouTube - PlayTheGameWithBacon

YouTube - Transformers Armada: The Abridged Series Auditions (OPEN)
    Yes! You read right! Introducing the open auditions for Transformers Armada: The Abridged Series! As the cast is picked, their names will appear here (so there's no need for 'Can I do this part?', 'Is this part taken?', etc)

Autobot team:

Rad-
    Rad's Mom-
    Rad's dad-
    Carlos- JinglesRosco
    Alexis- PlayTheGameWithBacon (that would be me!)
    Fred-
    Billy-
    Optimus Prime-
    Red Alert-
    Hostshot-
    Smokescreen-
    Scavenger-
    Jetfire-
    Blurr- PlayTheGameWithBacon
    Sideswipe-

Decepticon team:

Megatron/Galvatron-
    Starscream- JinglesRasco
    Cyclonus-
    Demolisher-
    Thrust-
    Tidal Wave- MaxLindenProduction
    Wheeljack-
    Sideways-

The reason the minicons are not there is because they pretty much just beep all the time.

By the by, I do have some requirements.

Rules:
    1. You can audition for more than one person but no more than 3 people.
    2. You must be ACTIVE and willing to talk to everyone while we're working with them
    3. We must have a way of contacting you whether that be through skype (preferable, easy setup, and free but not a necessary must), email, youtube, or otherwise.
    4. For auditioning, just pick a scene from said show and try to sound like the character you want to be.
    5. You must be willing to be crazy --meaning don't take everything so seriously. This is a PARODY after all.
    6. It doesn't matter if you have video clips but I do require that you have a clear audio file. I won't pick you for a part if your sound is blaring.
    7. Audio editing IS allowed. So if there's something you want to do to the sound file to help you get the part, by all means, go ahead.
    8. There is to be no bashing of other users or drama starters. That can easily disqualify you for a part, or if you already have a part, that will get you replaced.
    9. Please have fun and ask if you have any questions we are happy to oblige :D 

The auditions will be closed once most or all positions have been filled. If certain parts are not casted after a certain amount of time, then I or one of the other cast members will fill it. Parts will not be replaced unless at cast member backs out.

One more thing. I know the majority of the parts are male characters, but that does NOT under any circumstances mean you HAVE to be a boy to play these parts. If you're a girl who wants to play a guy role, you are free to do so

Alright, I think that's it! Have fun guys!

2. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    The one time I want to use my microphone, and it breaks on me. :(  Guess I can't audition...

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Wow, that little commercial clip frightens me... it screams of barely knowing how to use Windows Movie Maker and he thinks he's going to be able to do an abridged series? Just doing what I do I know enough editing to know he's going to be in over his head.

Honestly this has gotten insane. The whole point, what makes an Abridged series funny, is because it mocks how long and drawn out some series can be. DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, it works great. An episodic series like Armada completely misses the point, and there's so many of these knockoff shows coming out lately it's gotten saturated with a lot of poor quality reedits that think they're funny. I might have more faith in this one if the clip asking for help had anything to it, but it's text that isn't on screen long enough and using a poor YouTube clip of the Armada opening... this just wont end well.

4. cingularman31

cingularman31 Alternator Freak

News Credits:
    This. I don't think it will get off at all with the minimal editing skills this person seems to have.

5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On that note, maybe this can be passed along to the creator?

Team Four Star: Home of DBZ Abridged

Team Four Star (DBZ Abridged) was kind enough to make a few tutorials on abridging; this helped tremendously on my own abridged series.

6. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    The way I see it, if something like
    (
    - Batman Abridged)
    be funny with poor editing skills and good voices and a good script then anything is possible.... I think the point of being making a abridged series is to be funny and not have good editing skills.... Editing does help though, thats why I'm giving it a shot and will help this person out, because don't lie, we all started off with crappy things and then moved on up... Because in the beginning WE ALL USED WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER then found out something better is around.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While that is true, the only real problem I see in that Batman Abridged is that the mouth flaps are off. Everything else seems fine. The Armada Abridger is going to have to make some attempt towards getting the video and audio looking/sounding nice, even if the flaps are off, to make it seem at all professional. In that trailer alone the video quality varied among clips, etc. And, WMM itself is fairly limited in aiding an abridged series. I wish TFA Abridged the best of luck and I want to see it done, but also done well. I'll certainly tune in and hope for the best.

Also, I would really reccomend looking at those tutorials. They really, really helped improve the quality on my own work.

8. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I will show him it.... And I will show him the wonder of Sony Vegas and how to get good clips....... xD

9. cingularman31

cingularman31 Alternator Freak

News Credits:
    I never used WMM...:noob , I used iMovie :confused2 

I wish him the best of luck and the mouth flaps, it would be atrociously had to do. Trust me I do film. I do wish him the best.

Stixx