TF Appearance on Drawn Together

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Praxis, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Praxis

Praxis Active Member

A Transformer made an appearance on "Drawn Together" last week! "Drawn Together" is an animated show on Comedy Central that, similar to VH1's "The Surreal Life", is supposed to be a reality show with eight television characters, in this case cartoon characters.

On last week's episode, the setup at the opening of the episode was that the current Drawn Together reality cast was paired up with the former season's Drawn Together cast for a game of badminton. You can see from the screenshots attached that the 'previous cast' included spoofs of:
    - Transformer
    - the Hamburger Helper glove guy
    - Stimpy from Ren & Stimpy (or is it Ren, I can't remember)
    - Thomas the Tank Engine
    - 2 others I don't recognize

It appears I'm having trouble with embedding the pics, so if the pictures don't show up, they can be viewed at these links: Pic 1 Pic 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Heh heh heh sweet...looks like a crazy combination of Ironhide and a seeker.

3. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    hahaha, awsome. one of those unknown ones are from "where the wild things are". the 2nd I'm not sure. (and it's stimpy, not ren.)

4. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

I saw that episode a few days ago, and that TF reference just made my day. What gave it away as a blatant TF reference (aside from the obvious homage to G1 Ironhide), was his line, "Prepare to be transformed into losers!" or something to that effect.

As for the two unidentified cartoon characters, the monster thing is from the children's book, "Where the Wild Things Are", and the other is mean to represent a typical 1700's-1800's political cartoon. He's a black & white line-art pig dressed in 18th-19th century formal wear with a sash lalbeled "CONGRESS".

5. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

Stimpy appears to be blue :lol 

The Tf is sort of like Thrust and Ironhides child.

6. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

That's the only one I didn't recognize. I think the other "unknown" character (the pig with the sash that says "Congress") is another generic character (like the Transformer) from an older-style political cartoon.