2D Artwork: TF Animated X Kamen Rider

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by RodimusZero, Feb 1, 2010.

1. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Hey everyone. To preface this piece... In addition to Transformers, I happen to be a huge Kamen Rider fan (if you've never heard of KR, I'll let you all Wiki it). As such, and given that this year's Rider (Kamen Rider Double) happens to be a "combiner" of sorts, I thought it would be pretty sweet to some kind of TF/KR crossover--at least design-wise. So. This guy here (yes, I know Double's a good guy) happens to be a 'con, and although I didn't draw individual alt modes/robot modes yet, the idea is that he would split down the middle and form two Decepticon jets. Character-wise, I see him as a nemesis for Safeguard, and obviously given the style, a member of the Animated Universe. Tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta say I like what I see

3. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Their alt modes should imply "Cyclone" and "Joker". Such as a Helicopter and a...something. Anyway, looks awesome!

If you had put a W somewhere on him, I'd be all over it! But since it looks like it's Cybertronian, think you'll do a Earth version of him?

4. Ligier

Ligier Sweet Angel Deranged

I've seen Safeguard painted into Double's colors on this board, which was a better homage in that regard because it got the colors on the right sides. I understand this is supposed to be an original character, so that much can be excused. He should have "Double" in his name to drive home the homage. Animated Doubledealer maybe?

Maybe he could be made from from the "Memories" of Safeguard, hehe :D 

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You mean motorcycles.

6. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it, I like it, I LIKE IT!!

7. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    :dunce  I feel a little ******ed seeing as I just now noticed that I did flip his colors. What was I thinking!? haha.

Anyway, thanks for the positive comments everyone! A Heli mode would be pretty sweet, but since I was trying to keep them both twins, I opted for them both to be jets. Also as might be visible from this combined form, one of their cockpits extends into a gun, and one into a sword making at least that much of their designs unique. What I just thought of that would be cool is if another bot could combine onto the Joker half--say as a Fang-colored add on? :D 

8. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Fraternal twins. A helicopter could work (Sorta like how Megatron went from a space cruiser to a helicopter) :p 

If you go the route of a Fang colored add on, don't forget Luna Trigger too :p