TF:Animated Voyagers found at retail.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tfgraveyard, Apr 17, 2008.

1. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After working in retail I never trust the answers of any associates on the floor. Half of them don't know what they're talking about and bullshit their way to an answer that sounds right.

At least when I bullshat, it was an educated guess and I admitted it was just a guess.

2. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I started going through cases to find particular toys and a Wal-Mart employee said that I wasn't allowed to do it and was threatening to call security on me because I might get hurt with a bunch of half pound boxes and Wal-Mart might be held liable. What a crock. I roamed around the store until she left and then came back after she left. I actually discovered that SHE was supposed to have already had them all stocked ALREADY like two hours earlier but she was on a cigarette break and had another employee from a different dept doing it for her, and had the balls to threaten me?!? I've been opening cases for years and never had a problem from them. They actually are glad to see me cuz I help them stock what I've opened if I don't buy it.

PS: If you pre-order one for the discount and you see one retail first, do what I do and buy both so you can open one and mess with it and keep one in the pkg! ;-)

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    glad i only ordered half the ones i want-will grab the others in stores.

4. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    First off I'm gonna start checking TRU's everywhere in Oregon. Secondly we have 0% sales tax here, sorry everyone else. I came from CA and we had 8.25%, I think, but now I'm free of all sales tax in OR, Woohoo now my paychecks can be taken advantage of more than ever before (meaning more state taxes taken out)

Hope this isn't just another sample state type deal

I wanted to preorder at the free shipping and 10% off rate but dangit if they show up a month early and I don't buy cuz they are already on their way in late june. Argh! such a tough decision

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    :(  why can't I find anything?!!?!?!

6. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Damnit!!! Where the heck is this stuff!!!!!

7. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OR...Buy both, but save the receipt from the store. This way when you cheaper ONLINE order arrives, you can take those figures with the store receipt and return them.

8. Somatron

Somatron Well-Known Member

I went to Toys R Us here in Madison at 10am when they open and they only had the Bulkhead left. :( 

But I'm glad I got atleast him.

9. Turcicus

Turcicus Well-Known Member

Ah yes, but what Oregon takes out of your paycheck for state taxes makes up for it.

10. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I grabbed the other 3 yesterday. I'm surpised that one was still there.

11. Somatron

Somatron Well-Known Member

I'm jealous dude but thanks for reporting it to tfw. I work at American Family Insurance and when I got in this morning I saw the report and had to do a double take to make sure I was reading Madison, WI. I took an early lunch and went straight over there and got there right as they opened hoping to see all 3 of the figures and saw the Bulkhead. I asked them if they had anymore in back and they said they only got the 4 of them which I'm assuming is just one case since Bulkhead is 2 per. The guy I asked actually mentioned that you came in last night and grabbed them. I'm just happy that I'll finally get to go home after work and open an animated figure before June and only had to pay retail for it.

12. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    If it's any consolation, Bulkhead is the best in the bunch, in my opinion. :) 

13. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I was at my wal-mart in NY yesterday and finally found an 08 Bumblebee after a year of searching. Besides that, all they had were the crumy repaints.(They did have Premium optimus and megs though.) Knowing my wal-mart, they will probably not have the animated toys until July or so.

But there is always tru and target.
    Great news anyway.

14. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I wish Hasbro would just release these properly already. All I want is an Animated Megatron - preferably the Prime vs Megatron 2pack.

15. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

I don't run an int'l billion dollar toy company so I could just be talking out of my ass here, but I really think Hasbro is SERIOUSLY dropping the ball yet again. First the issues of shitty distribution & character selection with Alts, then more shitty distribution with Classics & Titaniums, then overwhelming lack of active & available stock for the Movie - which has been turned into a 100% repaint line for the past 6 months, and now the delayed release of Animated months after it's sweeping the TV airwaves and is in such high demand on the "eBay scalper black market". Sure, the Movie stuff might still be selling, but there's no question that most stores gave up on it months ago. They took down the billboards & dedicated walk-in sections last year, they've had absolutely shit stock to work with for close to 6 months now, and even most collectors closed the book on it last year as well.

Their logic & marketing (or lack thereof) confounds me, especially right now when they are going into a second season of a giant 30 minute toy commerical. Makes me wonder what kind of headaches we're in for with Universe and TF2 merchandise.

16. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Probably a mis-labeled case that somehow found it's way to Wisconsin instead of Ohio. Happened all the time when i worked at TRU in college.

17. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    occams razor in effect. then again it could have been a conspiracy by hasbro just to get the TF boards all hot and bothered!!

18. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Not to throw a terrible monkey wrench into your rant, but Hasbro has next to nothing to do with distribution to and through stores.

And most sources state the delay in Animated to stores wanting more movie line since it sold so well. They would rather have what they think is going to sell, versus a new line that may or may not sell.

19. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Yeh, I'm no expert at merchandising but I think its actually up to the store chains to decide the distribution. Slow moving areas get crappier distro while high volume areas get the lion's share.

Yeh, its sad to realize that a redundant line of figures from a movie thats pretty much just a pleasant memory now can push back the release of the fresh (and in my opinion, better) line of toys. Personally, I think it was really stupid the way they let the show trudge along without any toy line to back it up. Hasbro's "marketing genius" not withstanding, I guess it says a lot for the quality of the cartoon if its doing as well as we're being told.

I wish I had a dollar for every time the TF developers had a great idea that should've been put on the market, but the management geniuses turned it down. I'd probably be a millionaire. :lol 

20. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Great news...for those that have and can lay their hands on 'em. To all those worrying that their neck of the woods'll be the last to stock Animated, I say don't panic - that dubious honour will probably belong to the UK. And in particular (knowing my luck), my local TRU. :p 

*carries on building his 3D Bulkhead instead :D *