TF Animated Voyager Bulkhead red body PROTOTYPE

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by nemo, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

These animated toys are teh awesome.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I know I'll get a few Animated things (Bumblebee, I'm looking at you) but I doubt I'll get much more than that... I can't and won't get used to this type of appearance. It was hard enough with the movie stuff, and I'm not gonna do it again, only to have to go back to movie appearances with TF2.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's one of the smartest things said by someone who dislikes the Bulkhead toy I've ever seen. Helluva lot better than rants which translate to "My comprehensive abilities are so limited, I can't even hypothesize any possible reason why any sane, competent person would have an opinion about a toy so different to my own." anyway. :) 

Myself, I think Bulkhead (the toy) would look better if the legs weren't undersized compared to everything else, but I understand it's all part of keeping the cartoon and toy designs consistent (and I do like the way the cartoon character came out for the most part)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Watched the teaser video again. Sorry to get a little off topic. but it's better to discuss this in a semi on topic live thread then in a old one.

Anyway these toy designs are actually not that much different than armada, energon cybertron. It's just that they have a extra paint finish that glosses them better. And hopefully that will mean less wear on paint for this line and classics universe (sounds better than classics 2.0).

as far as vehicle designs and bodies go their practically the same main line vehicles we've gotten recently it's mainly the freaky headsculpts that shut down support.

bee and starscream have this problem with their noggins seeming out of proportion with their bodies (heavier). But considering these small headed figures like bulkhead
    should actually work ok with cybertron figures.

I'll buy the few "must have" animated figures and if I like them I will get more.

5. OMEGA PRIME12

OMEGA PRIME12 Sentianl Order Leader

SAME ITS TERRIBLE THAT HASBRO AND TAKARA WILL PUT THERE NAMES ON IT. AND
    THE 2005 BOARDS ACTUALLY SAID IT MIGHT LOOK GOOD. IT MAKES GOBOTS LOOK BETTER.

6. OMEGA PRIME12

Its A Shame They Ended The Unicron Triology

7. OMEGA PRIME12

BUT ARMADA LOOKED MUCH BETTER UNLIKE THIS

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    You're funny. :p 

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Compare this to Armada Scavenger. lawls will follow.

10. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really dislike much from Armada and Energon. They chose gimmicks for both ranges that ruined them as toys for me (articulation) and in the case of energon ruined them asthetically. Cybertrons gimmick didnt ruin what I looked for in my Transformers, they looked good and had good articulation for the most part and interesting ( and where possible complex) transformations. The gimmick this time is the visual style of the designs. Out of the 4 lines mentioned its the only gimmick Ive liked. Provided articulation isn't overly limited by the Gimmick. I'll probably love these toys.

If you don't like this gimmick fair enough it's not going to be a line you buy much of.

I'm actually fond of Energon Prime but it is a messy product, it doesn't feel like its doing anything very clever. Bulkhead does an impressive job of changing from one shape to another with out the sort of kibble left lying around with 2 of the figures you've mentioned. You might not like the animated Grimlock but it avoids having the tail become a pointless sword like thing and actually captures the essence IMO of Grimlock instead of trying to slavishly copy certain elements like the head then completely inverting the leg set up which looks just wrong or having Primes arms hanging out the back in truck mode.

And of course they're aimed at 10 year olds but the style is clearly based on animated DC superheroes shows that have been popular with adult audiences for like 15 years, you might not like it personally but being surprised so many other do sort of surprises me.

And while I love the look of Bulkhead I'm reserving judgement till I know what sort of articulation is in the legs, though only because its a voyager which I'm always less likely to buy. Ditto Voy Prime, the deluxe looks superior from the pics.

11. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    So how's the leaving this thread thing going?

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    He looks like ironhide......I like it!

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Than you might not like the actual production version that we'll be getting, lol.

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    So, you're saying people dislike Animated's figures 'roundness'? Wasn't that one of the 'problems' with Beast Wars? :D 

I love finding common ground between the early stages of Animated and the early rants against BW. We know how that turned out.

-airfox

15. OperaSingerPrime

OperaSingerPrime SupremeOperaticCommander

If by 'gay' you mean the red colouring gives him a sunny happy appearence then I agree with you.

Looks much better painted. Mistransformed?

16. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'm 23, never bought the 'preschool formers' and I've been collecting since Tfs launch or right therein.

That being said. I'm buying all these and enjoying them no matter what others say. This line is kick ass.

Don't like them? That's cool, but don't presume any ages or aesthetic appealings on us other fans because we like things you don't or see things you don't.

17. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    rhinox?

18. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    For those wanting a better look at the Bulkhead proto...52

Look no further. Seibertron was nice enough to put up a gallery.