tf animated toys for the usa?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Apr 21, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i thought tf animated was done in the usa correct? so then i hear more is coming out. like rodimus etc. is tf animated still going on in the usa? cartoon or toy releases?

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

There are still some of the remaing toys trickling out, Rodimus and his wave mate are Toys R Us Exclusives.

The Cartoon is over.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    only figures so far that are suppose to come out are rodimus, blackout, thundercracker.

they are rumored to be TRU exclusives.

Now granted they are a handful of repaints we have seen but no word of their release.

also the wing/power up prime has not really been confirmed for US release, only Japan.

I would suggest any figure that is getting release in Japan and not 100% confirmed USA, get it imported and save the headache!

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rodimus and Ironhide are tentatively slated as TRU exclusives for later this year, replacing the Arcee/Ratchet wave.

No word yet on the remaining Voyagers: Blackout, Wingblade Optimus Prime, or Hydrodrive Bumblebee. Nor on the remaining planned repaints (Oil Slick, Blurr, Mudbuster Bulkhead, and Thundercracker).

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Agreed (see current TRU Animated Arcee supply debacle).:thumbdown 

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given how quickly Arcee was cleared out I don't see TRU turning down Rodimus/Ironhide. The voyagers might be a tougher sell but TRU bit on Titanium Grimlock/Prowl WAAAAY after the line was gone so there's still a chance.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    That is exactly why I pre-ordered Wingblade OP this week from BBTS. I'm not taking any chances on him not getting a domestic release, plus if he does, it'll likely be the clean deluxe version rather then the Voyager, so even then I won't feel like I've lost out. Furthermore I never got around to picking up Voyager Prime, so he'll still be a new Animated figure for me no matter what.

Plus, unlike the rest of what's slated, Wingblade is the one figure I'd feel like I was missing from my Animated collection. Sure, Thundercracker, Blackout, Rodimus, and others are desired, but if I never got them, I wouldn't feel like they are the holes in my collection.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I think there are 2 more coming fo sho, but I could be wrong.

The cartoon is over, sadly (RIP).

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hasbro is giving it there all in getting the remaining Animated figs out to us. Rodimus and Ironhide are slated for later this year, confirmed to be released, and they said they're almost positive all production-level figures (i.e., all test-shots and pre-release samples we've seen) will see wide release eventually.

I commend them on their efforts. It's not easy releasing new product for a dead and past line with no cartoon support.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Wingblade prime and hydrodive bumblebee were the only "new toys" that we didnt know for sure had been all the way through production, but takara thankfully revealed that they made it all the way.

We might hear something about new animated figures at botcon. thundercracker and mudbuster bulkhead were just solicited by hasbro a couple months ago, complete with box images, so it seems likely that they've made it through manufacturing.

While hasbro said all of them will likely see release, I don't feel like waiting. I'll get whatever I can, as I can. I'll get takara's animated stuff that we don't have yet, and then rebuy the hasbro versions as they come out later on. I want my collection to match, but I don't feel like taking chances. I'd rather it be complete than match.

11. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

this.

12. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

This is what I'm starting to think too. I might have missed out on Arcee because I was waiting for her to show up in Canada. But so far it's looking like her and Cyb. Ratchet might not even show up at our TRUs. Hope I can find all the remaining Animated stuff eventually. I pre-ordered Takara Rodimus and WB Prime though. Don't want to risk missing out again.

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I went ahead and preordered Wingblade OP just now. You guys have a good point; I'd probably be pissed off if I missed the Wingblade Optimus Prime. I don't have a Voyager OP either, so this a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

14. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I'm holding out for Blackout and Fugitive Waspinator. I don't expect to get either, sadly.

15. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Correction:Animated Cybertron Ironhide and Rodimus are TRU Exclusives. the remaining Blackout, Wasp and Thundercracker are unknown at this point in time.