2D Artwork: TF:Animated - "Shock & Awful"

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Josh, May 27, 2008.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    TF:Animated - "Shock and awful"

[​IMG]

A little mock screen cap i made featuring Animated Megatron and surprise guest, my G1/Animated Shockwave

tryin to think of a little fake episode summary to go along with it but alas....i cant lol

maybe you guys can make somethin up to this ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hmm...Megatron looks awful shocked there....Pun Intended.

Here's my made up episode:

Title: "Pushed and Pulled"

Upon his arrival on Cybertron from Earth's makeshift space-bridge, Megatron comes to realize that Shockwave has turned the tables on him...badly. Meanwhile, the disembodied head of Starscream, who Megatron is keeping as a trophy, complains to Megatron on how this would not have happened if HE were leader.

Having hundreds of uninterrupted years at his disposal, Shockwave has managed to create the perfect plan for attaining supreme leadership of the Decepticon empire, and decides that now is the optimal time to make his move.

Eying to eliminate Megatron, no matter the cost, Shockwave enlists the help of Decepticon Bounty Hunter Lockdown!

And if that weren't the worst of Megatron's troubles, he now has to worry about Starscream himself, who though powerless as a disembodied head, is secretly transmitting a homing signal to his group of Decepticon seeker clones, which are all gunning for Megatron's head.

Having nowhere to turn to for help, Megatron is forced to seek refuge with a rag-tag group of Cybertronian Autobots, who are completely unaware that he is the legendary Decepticon warrior.

Seeing Starscream as a threat to blowing his "heroic" disguise, and constantly being annoyed by the babbling Decepticon Air-commander, Megatron finally decides to ditch his one "loyal" servant's head in a pile of junk.

Overtime, Megatron grows to appreciate his "sworn Autobot enemies" and discovers that there are more important things going on in this war than he ever imagined.

Meanwhile on earth, Optimus Prime and the Autobots plan their move to Cybertron, even if it means repairing Professor Sumdac's makeshift space-bridge, who he himself must now reveal a shocking truth to his "daughter" Sari.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm too busy drooling over Shockwave's awesomeness.

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thats awesome Josh. You got the animated style down perfectly. :thumb 

5. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Very nice. I still have to work on my Animated stuff a bit to get the style down, but it seems you've mastered it!

Also, to netkid, that sounds like it would be an awesome episode

6. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Nice work, Josh! Shocky definitely has something on his mind.

7. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why, thank you very much!

I was aiming for it to be focused around Megatron, since Animated usually has episodes that focus around one particular character.

^What I wanted to do would basically involve Megatron taking a dead Autobot carcass, cutting out it's faction symbol with his sword, and welding it over his Decepticon symbol with a light blast from his cannon.

He would then slap on outer armor plates from the remains of various dead transformers (can slip in some homages and cameos here with the piles of dead bots) and wear a cloak (like Armada Scavenger) to partially hide his identity and take on a heroic "super-hero" like secondary persona.

This is where he would leave Starscream's head in a pile of junk. Unaware that Starscream is secretly transmitting a homing signal to his group of Decepticon seeker clones

Now Megatron would be able to befriend the rag-tag group of Autobots and go on missions with them. During this time, he would actually find himself growing to like this team of misfits, and would grow to be a better leader, while experiencing the true horrors of war with them in their adventures.

On these adventures, Megatron learns that his once fellow Decepticons willingly commit horrible acts of war, under Shockwave's command.

And he also witnesses some of his new Autobot friends brutally die in battle before his very optics. Only later to cradle their dying bodies in his arms as he screams out towards the stars for mercy....And not be answered.

Megatron has witnessed firsthand what his legacy has become for both Autobot and Decepticon alike.

Death, Destruction, the complete separation between groups with no hope of unifying them together.

He has caused more harm than good, and it is not what he originally dreamt of: A world where Decepticons share the same rights and privileges as their fellow Autobots, and are no longer oppressed by the greater good.

These traumatic events cause Megatron to grow a new view and appreciation on life, and a reluctant hate towards his fellow Decepticon kind, especially his once loyal spy, Shockwave.

Now he realizes what he must do: reclaim his throne, set the Decepticons on the right path...and destroy those backstabbing fools Shockwave and Starscream ONCE AND FOR ALL!

...during which he must still keep up his heroic Autobot disguise and lead his new group of men to a victory of their own.

"Decepticons, Transform and Rise Up!!!"

^And that was my overall idea. Glad you enjoyed it.:D 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smokin!

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Looking good, Josh. :thumb 

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    might want to keep Starscream out of it as

At the end of a bridge too close Megatron is in deep space arguing with Starscream's head

Nice idea though.

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ooh that's even better! Lemme fix that...*goes to add to his episode*

12. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Animated Shackwave looks like Whirl, but that's not your fault. Awesome job!

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Interesting plot. Though I would frame it more around Megatron realizing how far he's strayed from his original intent, than cradling a dead autobot in his hands and gaining a new appreciation for life. To me that seems a bit too out of character for Megs.

In general what would be interesting is an animated version of the G1 episode War Dawn, but instead of being based on Optimus, it's based around Megatron and the origins of the war.

As for the art, very nice. Josh definately has the animated style down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    are you still taking comissions?

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    that is a great pic

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah sure

ive kinda slowed down a little on the commission output lately cuz ive had some IDW stuff to take care of first but id definately be open to putting you on the list. i still have a good batch left to do