TF Animated Season 3 Speculation/Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 3, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I am one of the many fans who is extremely excited about all of the new characters/rumors that have been floating around the last few days about season 3.

I am especially excited to see Rodimus joining the cast. My only concern though is that all of the loose ends/characters that we've grown to love so far will be put on the back burner due to the introduction of the new characters/story line. Anyone else concerned about this as well?

I'd like to see the continuation of the previous characters (Bumblebee, OP, Megatron, Starscream, etc.) and all of the loose ends from the last season tied up. I'd also like to see some characters like Jazz, Shockwave, Blurr, Wreck-Gar, Soundwave, and Omega Supreme get some more attention/screen time. The introduction of so many new characters may get in the way of that.

My concern is that the show may go off into some kind of tangent with all new characters similar to what happened to the G1 cartoon after the original 1986 movie.

What do you think? Any speculation/ideas?

2. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Well, since no one has been killed off as of yet, and there are many questions still to be answered, things may turn out alright for season 3. Season 4 on the other hand, I might be worried for.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Soundwave is said to play a much larger role in the third season, and some other characters, like Wreck-Gar, are supposed to get more screen time at some point. I think it'll pretty much be like the first two seasons were, with most of the focus being on the main cast with some other characters coming.

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Needs more Jazz.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what would be awesome? If instead of SPOTLIGHT EPISODES the old-new characters would just show up occasionally to help in fights/other stuff in their own roles and get two or four lines, except they show up in alot more episodes than just one.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    All that I ask for is that they not shaft or kill off Blitzwing.

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Animated is about Optimus Prime and his crew of Autobots. They like to introduce new characters, and they've thought about introducing new characters that stick around and become part of the cast, and the closest they will get is Jetfire and Jetstorm.

Rodimus Prime is a background character.

8. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Needs more death of characters

9. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Soundwave's name was brought up as a character that the writers wanted to bring back in Season 3. Like Wreck-Gar.

Sari is going to be a huge part of Season 3, in regards to her origin and all the things connected to it.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Background? Like, Ultra Magnus background level or Cliffjumper level?

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kickback I wish we were best buds so you could spill all the beans you know about Animated, lol. Thanks for those tidbits. I haven't been this obsessed about a show since G1.

12. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I'm curious about Blackout. They say he's "beetle-like". Now, does that mean that it's as some people speculate, that he's going to be a homage to Insecticon Bombshell?

Or, could it be that has altmode isn't a beetle, but rather his robot mode looks beetley and his altmode is a helicopter, being a homage to movie Blackout? (personally, as much as I like Bombshell, I'm hoping for the latter. I've always prefered vehicles over animals.)

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    See, I would personally love to see more Autobots and Decepticons as semi-regulars (rather than just one episode a season).

An example would be Scrapper and Mixmaster in Season 2 - they were in several episodes and eventually became part of the 'con flunkies. I'd love to see Megatron get some more henchmen to do his dirty work, even if they don't have speaking lines all the time.

Just to have a silent but deadly enforcer by his side would be sweet. Have a 'con who is always next to Megatron and who rarely speaks as it's his character. His first appearance shows him to be totally badass, and from there he's just used mainly as an extra body except on a few occasions.

For that matter, Kickback, any idea how they're working the clones VAwise? As in, will they still all count as "Starscream" in the show, or as separate characters?

14. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I kinda hope Cybertron/The Intergalactic Community gets some more air time.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When will it be revealed that Sari is actually a crew of twelve mice in a Terminator-like cybernetic costume?

16. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    She's the mice from Voltron, isn't she??

17. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember Season 3 series back in 1986 when Blitzwing turned against Galvatron and the Decepticons when he found out what the Quintessons had in store for the Autobots and Decepticons. Anyway, I hope they will do the same for this new Blitzwing, but a with different story.

18. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Hmm so Jetfire and Jetstorm as semi-regular characters interesting.

I think what alot of you seem to be misunderstanding is that to have too many characters stick around like what so many folks seem to want would end up ruining Animated.

With Animated I feel that they have done a fantastic job by introducing one shot characters or recurring background characters it gives them the ability to release a good variety of toys, its like the best of both worlds as while there are a fair number of character the focus is only on a handful and it works out well.

19. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm just saying ... if you think Animated is somehow going to shift focus from Optimus Prime and the crew of Autobots on Earth to a larger core group of characters ... you're wrong. The story is going to continue to be about Optimus Prime and the Autobots on Earth. There will probably be a storyline or plotline behind Jetstorm and Jetfire, and your regular spotlight episodes that bring back popular characters or introduce characters, but you're not going to see Jazz become a permanent member of the Autobots on Earth, for example.

And this huge plethora of characters that were just revealed ... for all we know, they are a group of characters getting 5 minutes of screentime and will never be seen again.

Though Cyclonus is/would be awesome as a major character.

20. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

A valid point there. As I said before. Add too many characters in at once and the show will lose its focus.

We'll see.