TF animated magazine(uk)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Manategers, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Manategers

Manategers Claw Jaws Apprentice

News Credits:
    Hi just wondering if anyone else has recieved there TF animated magazine by titan magazines? it hits the shops tommrow and were suposed to get it earlyer than when it hits the shops but theres no sign of mine aqnd i was wodnering if everyone else is teh same, thanks

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I saw it was kinda bad IMO.

Just more Dinobot whoring from Furman.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Hmm. I've heard quite the opposite, actually. Everyone I know who's read the Dinobots story thought it was pretty okay.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    TFA: UK should be out in stores already. Anybody who's bought a copy care to share their thoughts on it?

5. Aluinashryu

Aluinashryu Decepticon

Overall... meh. Afterburn is another rather flat character with a pretty standard human villain driven intro story, and the other comic is just half of the Blast from the past screen cap comic.

There isnt a dinobot story in it... i think thats issue 2.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Turning cartoons into comic strips with screencaps is lazy. And it didn't even read very well because some of the panels mixed with others. Several times I read the wrong words because I didn't realise I'd gone off the bottom of the panel.
    Also, why did they have to break the strips up? It was like they stopped for adverts mid-story. Yeah, I know this is all to promote the toys, but anyone reading it would get to the non-strip stuff eventually. It's not like they'd 'change channels'.

As it stands I think this should've been part of the other UK issue and just dropped the weak stuff like Bumblebee's Reviews and Profiles etc from the current TF movied comic, and then upped the price slightly and included the new Animated strip and some TF:A toy stuff. A combined comic would've been better in my opinion.

7. side wave

side wave Well-Known Member

whos artwork is on page 48

8. Manategers

Manategers Claw Jaws Apprentice

News Credits:
    Yea i recieved it today and its not brilliant, i didnt even botehr reading teh dinobot screen cap thing. i was so looking forword to it and its quite disapointing

9. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    But then the company wouldn't make as much money if they put it all in one book at a low price. :rolleyes: 

10. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont know about Animated but my copy of the Movie comic has been arriving up to a week after it hits the shops for the last three issues or so.

As for Animated I liked the main strip. Felt odd to me not having some kind of origin or prequel as a set up, but otherwise it was entertaining. Afterburn I guess is a way of storytelling without conflicting with season threes episodes. Didn't have the same impact as the first couple of issues of the movie one, but I thought the characterisation was good particularly Prowl.

The backup was well not terrible, but neither is it great. Plus this seemed like a good place to do an origin story. Screen cap the first three episodes for anyone who isn't able to watch the cartoon.

11. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My Transformers movie comic has been coming a week later than it is out in the shops the last few months too. I have not seen the animated comic in any shops yet though I do want to get it. My hopes are not to high for it though.

12. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I'm fully aware of that, so no need for the rolling eyes, thanks. But some people with kids are on a budget and are more likely to buy one perhaps slightly larger TF comic a month than two at £2.60 each, especially in today's tight economy.
    Anyways, the movied UK TF comic is already struggling to find decent TF content to fill it (hence the Bumblebee reviews and the drawing lessons now taking up more and more pages). I can see people eventually just dropping that in favour of the Animated title since Animated are the toys on the shelf right now and kids like the right comic with their toys as much as they do the right cartoon.
    Comics have a hard enough time competing with other titles, let alone competing with other titles from their own franchise. It's been a long time since a UK Transformers comic has lasted this long, so it could be a poor move to have two such titles out at the same time. I predict they'll both become one title at some point.

13. rodster6

Ebay:
    If the movie comic can last untill summer 09 when the second movie come out it should be ok. I think they would be better off cutting the page number down as well as the price instead of filling it with pages of unnecessary pages. Even the free toy. I mean every now and then its nice having a free gift and some of the free gifts have been pretty cool but the cheap toys they give away seem like a waste of money. When I was a lad I brought comics for the comic strip not a cheap toy I might play with once then disgard. Though of course things were different in my day lol.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I thought the comic was okay. Not too bad at all. It's certainly not going to do the series any harm over here, and if it is anything like the Movie comic, it will really hit a stride soon enough. First couple of Movie issues were "meh" but they got a lot better. Throwing reason to the curb and doing the alt reality storyline was the best thing that could be done, really.

15. rodster6

Ebay:
    Id rahter they reprinted original stories from america rather than the cartoon episode stories.

16. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Maybe after IDW's US Animated title has a few more months under its belt the UK comic may reprint a few of those stories. One reprint and a couple of short original UK stories would probably be fine.