TF and QC. Is animated/universe exceptionally hit?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by microclone, Dec 17, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in recent years ive bought BW then some armada/energon/cybertron and then a few movie toys and now practically all the animated toys and a handful of universe.

We know there have been QC issues with animated and universe toys, i suspect animated is hardest hit with lose ball joints etc. What i find interesting though is that through BW and the trilogy i was never aware of any obvious shortcomings in the toys. From what ive seen construction was always spot on and also i notice with animated theres the occasional misfitting part that never seemed to be an issue with older lines, eg the way voyager primes wheel assembly cant click into place on his right calf, or that snarls club doesnt fit in his hand.

anyway what im wondering is if animated is exceptionally 'bad' in this respect or were there issues in G1 and BW for eg, the BW toys i had always seemed very well put together. Even cybertron, perhaps my least favourite range of TF seemed to have very well constructed toys.

i wonder if this is a glitch or the state of things to come? I guess that the current $8 price of animated deluxes at the stores that apparently set the prices (target and walmart) doesnt help.

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I think as they ramped up production after the movie took off, they had more issues with QC.

3. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also--and I may be mistaken here--didn't Hasbro move their factories and change their paints after the lead issue last year? This would explain a lot of 2008's issues (FANTASTIC molds, CRAPPY QC).

The most recent toys I have gotten my hands on seem a lot better, so hopefully the QC problems (which Hasbro must know about at this point) will be a thing of the past..