TF Alternators question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by accordboi, Jul 27, 2007.

1. accordboi

accordboi Well-Known Member

I noticed at SDCC, or at least the pics shown from the Hasbro booth, that there is nothing new to report as far as Alternators are concerned. Then i stumbled upon a message board where people were saying that the line has been discontinued and that Rodimus was the last release for that line? Is that true? Is Rodimus the last release of such an awesome series since G1??? If so, that is in my opinion, a horrible move by Hasbro. I don't know about everywhere else, but around here, they sell pretty well. I hope someone can tell me otherwise as i haven't been hooked to any transformers like the Alternators since the days of G1. Sorry if this has been discussed but i searched and found nothing here. Looking for some input. Thanks.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We've known for a while that Alternators will be discontinued.

While I did enjoy it, and it had a long run, I'm all for a new sideline.

3. Shockwing

Shockwing Perfectly cromulent. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Though it was overrun with repaints, I did love the line.

In place of it, I hope Hasbro continues to bring over the Japanese MP line.

4. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Did you try looking with the keywords "Alternators canceled"? There's 6 pages of related posts - I think you'll get what you need from one of those... but yeah, it's true.

5. accordboi

accordboi Well-Known Member

Thanks sector seven. I found the thread. Oh well.......i guess once i feel ready to pay the ridiculous prices for Swerve and my friend hooks me up with a Rodimus at SDCC, i can sincerely say i have them all. At least the wallet takes a break.....forever.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Most Alts have been shelfwarmers in my area (and most areas from what I've read here on the Boards) so it didn't come as any surprise to me. Personally I really don't care the line took a major downhill spiral with Rollbar and Ricoshet (with the exception of the phenominal Mirage). There's only so many diseases a dog can get before it needs to be put out of its misery and Alts are way past due.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I still find Ricos in WMs...at full price no less.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I love Alts. and BT's. They were what got me back into collecting Transformers. But I think they've had a good run, and really there are only a handful of other characters I still wish they had released in the line. But I can live without those.

I'm ready for something new. If Hasbro and Takara divert their "collector line" funding towards more Masterpiece-Level figures, Alternators are an acceptable sacrifice.

9. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I loved Alts too, but I agree it's time to move on now. Though I hope my preorder at BBTS managed to snag me a Rodimus. Bring on those new Classics! I can't wait!

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:

I WANT HOT ROD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I still don't have any Alts (partly because I got into serious collecting again with the movie line..and because Hasbro screwed up at SDCC this year >_>).

I'll probably end up eBaying for Nemesis Prime at least.