Non-TF: (TF-Adjacent?) Dia-Naut GI Joe Customs:

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mwm, Apr 28, 2017.

1. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

I think I posted my Gung-Ho already, but I'm putting him here to show the progression. First, my goal was to mod the Dia-Nauts into representations of the original GI Joe figures, such as with Gung-Ho here:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then, with some comments from a fellow customizer on another board, I got the idea to go a different way with my DN customs. Now, GI Joe has been called upon to establish a team, Star Brigade, to defend the planet from extraterrestrial threats. This came about after the Cybertronian war came to Earth, leaving carnage in its wake. Using captured Cybertronian technology, Joe volunteers are given Armortech battle suits to combat ET threats:

Rock n Roll (there are some spots I need to touch up, and his beard doesn't show through well):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still trying to figure out ways to give them guns they can hold, without them being clunky, but I am giving other accessories as possible, such as

Shipwreck w/ POLL-E (Patrol/Observation (Limited Language-Engine)) drone:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The figure is completely Dia-Naut, just painted, no mods. I'm using the old '80's Remco technique of using paint to hide or accent details to make the same mold look sufficiently unique across characters. The drone is scratch-built from a piece of clamshell plastic and UV glue.

• Like Like x 1