TF a military movie??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Splintershot, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

I was watching TF1 (it's still epic!) with my dad, and during the scene where Scorponok attacks, he remarked that this movie was more of a military film. I told him that's ridiculous... but in retrospect... he sorta has a point. The military are involved in so much of the action. There are quite a few scenes of them discussing strategies or executing them. AND they killed off several Decepticons without Autobot assistance. Blackout, Brawl (with a bit of help), Frenzy... In ROTF, many drones, Devastor...
    So what does everyone else think, are the TF movies more a military film, like Battle: LA, or a transforming-robots'-war-from-another-dying-planet film, like it's suppose to be?

2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...ok.................and

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, the TF movies ARE more of military films than what they ought to be. The military are owning the Decepticons just fine; the Autobots might as well not be present.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, they took down Demolishor right quick, all on their lonesome.

5. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s why I liked the Shanghai battle in ROTF. It was completely the Autobots who were the action heroes in that sequence. The humans were pretty useless. Also, let’s not forget that it’s Prime himself who saves the day at the end of the film.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It's obvious that the military underestimated their opponents at Shanghai. Had they brought along more firepower, I'm sure they would've handled themselves just fine.

7. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

It makes sense to include the military. Cause it would more then likely be the case in real life. But DOTM will have less of military presence.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Exactly.

And I wouldn't say a "military film", I would say both a "robot war film" and a military one, but it depends on the movie [the first one is sliding slighty towards a military film, while the second is a fully robot war movie with the military helping].

And people constantly overestimate the actions of mankind in the TF movies, every time they kill a 'Con they lose 90% of their troops first, THEN they need to fire every single bullet of every single gun at hand in his direction for solid five minutes, THEN they MAY die.

Brawl took the timespan of the whole final battle of the movie to die, for God's sake!

The Fallen whopped the ass of the military too [he basically destroyed the whole freaking army with one move of his staff].

9. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do have to agree with this. The fans might not like it, but in a live-action setting that's representing the real world, it's just highly likely that the military would be involved in some shape or form. I think that, even with a reboot with a different director, the military will always be involved.

10. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind the Military in these movies; but they do need to be toned down. But I noticed the only thing that gives the military a chance in these movies is there ability to coordinate there fire power though air and artillery support, both things the Autobots and the Decepticons lack.

11. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Please stop with the military threads but then again your allow to talk about anything,
    the military will always be in a transformers for god sake, this is for real life it nots like the military can just forget "hey there giant transforming robots what do we do?" please stop hating the military.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This discussion has been going on since Movie 1. Hypothetically speaking, when an alien race visits/threatens/attacks Earth, the military will be involved.

Source: every movie about aliens ever made that took place on Earth.

13. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    While I am glad you have such love for the movies please try and lighten up it's a valid thread, no one is saying they hate the military there just saying that the autobots should be making more kills than the military which I agree with.

14. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

THIS , Please listen to this guy

15. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok let's play this out

these aliens fall to earth and start a war...on earth...

The Government of course id going to ally themselves with the respectful faction and help defend their own planet.....

Or we could Go all G1 and have all the military dudes shot down and forgotten just to end u with Cybertron in our atmosphere

16. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it's not obvious at all. Why on Earth wouldn't they come on any of these missions without everything they've got? They are fighting giant robots that can transform into anything mechanical. They've got to be prepared for everything.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Plus, it's not like Shanghai was their first mission. Didn't Lennox say in the opening scene they had had something like 6 sightings in just as many months, and that that showed increasing frequency?

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Well, they obviously didn't. I don't remember seeing them packing anything heavier than small arms and other man-portable weapons.

For Pete's sake, people. We naysayers have NO ISSUE with military involvement per se. What we're taking issue with is the military being depicted as prima donnas on godmode.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think part of the problems the films have had is that they can't really make up their mind what sort of film they want to be. One minute it can seem like a fairly serious film where people's lives are on the line and the next minute it's a screwball comedy heavy on the stereotypes.

I'm just really glad you guys don't make Godzilla movies because you'd roll out a few tanks and a few planes for a dead Godzilla. In real life I'm all for the people who put on the uniform and do the hard dangerous jobs. But when it comes to movies I want some military butt kicked so it's up to something extraordinary to save the day.

20. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

Half and half