TF 2 confirmed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sero, May 7, 2007.

1. Sero

Sero Well-Known Member

I was surfing my favorite movie news site when I saw this tidbit:
    "Thta the studios are working on a script for a second pic. Straight from Bay. heres the link:
    http://www.joblo.com/transformers-sequel
    Thanks

2. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

ya its pretty much being looked at in the same way Xmen was when it started out and that is they expect it to be a cash cow so they will move quickly to make the sequals I just hope the sequals dont degrade like spider mans sequals did Spidey 3 I loved venom and sand basically all the characters but the movie was just to overly cheesy

3. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    I believe it was confirmed some time ago by Shia too. I believe he said that he signed on for a trilogy.

I think that everything depends on how much money the first part is going to generate though.

4. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Slightly off topic here but...

I like the "cheesy" aspect of SM3. It's no different then how over the top comic books are.

Maybe some people are going into it thinking Spiderman should be as real as possible. I think they are doing a marvelous job of bringing the Spiderman comic book to the big screen.

Then again, I'm part of a dieing breed that still collects comics so I'm probably in the minority on this issue:) 

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

oh no i agree i love the close comic book adaptation there was just some real cheesy film moments that had nothing to do with it being a comic book movie. I think they did a great job establishing the characters it was the interaction that was a bit poor. You could probably chalk it up to the actors or the studio saying "our demographic shows there isnt enough humor or sentimental stuff in the film so throw it in" . other than some bad camera shots choice of words and acting I liked the film, I thought the perfect part of the movie that was just spot on was eddie brock and venom

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I have no problems with the 'cheesey' aspects of the Spiderman movies, I just hate how they portrayed Venom(who was completely wasted as a villian imo) and Sandman in that film. We still have 3 more Spideys to go though, so lets hope the next few have some big improvments.

As for TFs, it's already been stated that Shia, Cullen and I believe Bay, have signed three film contracts for Transformers. This is supposed to be Dreamwork's big 'franchise' as well as Hasbro's way of saying 'we're not just toys for kids!'. If TFs does well, we'll not only see two sequals to this franchise, but we might even see a GI Joe movie as well.

7. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I think the "trilogy" concept is almost standard for any bankable franchise nowadays. They want to make sure that the talent is still there for the sequels, just in case. I can see the also speeding TF2 into production as fast as possible before really bad reviews come in or because they want to ride the popularity wave.

8. Autobot HipHop

Hehe, yeah I can see that about the cheesy moments. I liked the fact that they seemed to have a lot of fun in making the movie though. SM3 is a unique film. We've seen the elements of SM3 from other films but the way they used him here gave them a unique flavor.

And Venom looked better then I could have imagined him. Kudos to the fx gurus :) 

9. Autobot HipHop

I can see how people were disappointed with Venom's portrayal in the movie. I think they tried to jam too many villains in there not knowing whether Toby would be back for a 4th or not lol.

Dreamwork's big franchise huh? Does that mean if TRANSFORMERS bombs we won't ever see another Hasbro toy based movie till we are all old and gray? :( 

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Lorenzo BiNoventura is already planning on producing a GI Joe movie starring Mark Wahlberg. Thing is, the asshole proves that he's a hack by comining it with freaking ACTION MAN. :mad: 

11. Autobot HipHop

Isn't he planning on taking COBRA out all together in the GI JOE movie as well?

12. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

As far as i know, they already stated, that Tey were doing a second and a third Movie, to compensate the development-costs of the CGI-TFs.

As it goes for me, I hope, the'll end up with some Good Storyline and a Happy-end, as i absolutely disliked , how for example: the Matrix-trilogy, ended.

13. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they make a sequel, it better not be rushed. We do not need another X3!

14. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I heard they were reducing the COBRA organisation down to a single charcter named, simply, "Cobra".
    It's a crazy idea to me but at this early stage, I'm not too concerned.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No TF sequel will be confirmed until after opening weekend at the earliest. If Hollywood knows they'll make money, they'll make a sequel. If they think they won't, then no sequel will be made. This is practically as much of a given as the law of gravity.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So did Peter Cullen. He also said he signed on for two more. Though it is still subject to change.

17. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

" kind of derailed " The lips? Really?

What's nice about the TF movie they can pretty well make the sequels at their leisure without worrying about the characters aging, unlike HP or SM. The concern with me is 1) if they'll take their time, 2) they can keep it strong, and 3) the world doesn't end before they get this movie line made :D 

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    This isn't really shocking its been already said and know for a long time

19. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Heh, it's perfectly understandeable why Raimi depicted Venom the way he did; Raimi never liked Venom the character in the first place. Raimi's very much an old school Spidey fan and Venom doesn't even hit his rogue gallery radar.

The studio loves Venom and his potential, thou. A bit of pressure and some deal was probably reached with Raimi. The result is SM3: a thesis on just how to tell a proper Spidey story with Venom as a perfect example of a plot device, nothing more. You can practically feel how much-- contempt Raimi had for Venom as a character through emo Peter's actions.

Back on subject: any plans for a sequel is very much penciled in. They'll set things in motion and make a definite move only after the audience reaction (B.O.# to be exact).

20. WallOfMetal

WallOfMetal Well-Known Member

Ugh. I do NOT want Bay back for a sequel, he's screwed up so many things already, can you imagine what Soundwave and Devastator would be like?