TF-1.com - Joustra Diaclone TOYOTA 4X4 (Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maz, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Hi all,

I'm really excited to put this article out there, as it's a Joustra Diaclone that's taken me years to add to my collection. For years there wasn't enough proof for most of us to know it existed. I found some pictures a few years ago, and this year finally a kind French collector has made it possible for TF-1 to feature it alongside the other Joustra Diaclones I've been lucky enough to find. There's a special message for him and a few kind others at the end of the piece.

Joustra Diaclone TOYOTA 4x4

Some nice pics of Diaclone Yellow Trailbreaker, Milton Bradley Trailbreaker in there too amongst other things. Not to mention bloody awesome artwork from Paul Vromen to accompany the article, and killer colours from Eman Zubia :) 

Even if nobody reads this one, it was one of the most enjoyable I've ever written.

All the best
    Maz

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Great job man, I've always enjoyed reading your stuff. When I first started collecting TFs, And long before I was a board member here, I used Freds variations page to reference, which of course referenced your knowledge. Without guys like you, this hobby wouldn't be half as fun. Thanks.

3. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Great article Maz! , man You are the culprit now I have every ehobby autobot car reissue in my collection, and seeing your articles in TF-1 makes me want to have a time machine and go back to get every single diaclone toy!! LOL!

keep the good work!

4. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker was one of my very favorite Autobot cars - thanks for this, and indeed all your work over the years.

5. HighPrime

HighPrime Wake up with the King!

News Credits:
    Great read, thanks for the interesting write-up; especially for people like me with 0 to less than 0 knowledge on anything pre-TF :) 

6. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

Nice write up. Good amount of unknown history there. I really hope they get around to releasing a proper update to Trailbreaker eventually perhaps in the CHUG line (not the legends release either).

7. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    What I noticed was the wonder about what exactly was chosen to end up in TF vs what Italy and France got with Diaclone and Trasformer. The really interesting fact is that Joustra Diaclone got a story along with their toys in the form of the comic, so we get to see interactions between "TF" characters and other things like Diatrain. Wouldn't it have been interesting if some of those other toys from Diaclone ended up in TF in some way?

But then again, some of those extra items like Diatrain and Great Robo Base appear to be more fitting in Gobots fiction. And likely the number one reason was that they weren't really based on anything specific and without the presence of a robot-like body, things like Diatrain would have absolutely required the Micro pilots and wouldn't make a good fit. Ah maybe one of these days!

8. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Trip. I think that's probably exactly why the Toyota art is not as widely loved as say Ligier, Optimus or F15 artwork. It's a shame though as it's a really lovely piece and totally worthy of any Joustra collection. Definitely the hardest wave 1 car.

And also I think things like Diatrain and Cosmocar (Cosmoroller) didn't make it to Transformers for that very reason. The Onebox guys Ratchet and Ironhide just about qualify! It's probably the same reason the Change Attackers didn't make it to TF but the Powerdashers did, no discernible robot mode at all for the former.

All the best
    Maz

9. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

another great article Maz. Glad youre still doing them, its a great resource site.

10. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

I'm not hardcore enough to be a Diaclone collector (or anything Pre-TF, for that matter), but that article is extremely nice! I'll be checking out the rest of the site, now. :) 

11. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great article, thanks for doing this. Funny I was just thinking of a Trailbreaker custom that used yellow in place of red. hmm..

12. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Cheers mate, it's actually been more enjoyable than I can remember it ever being before.

In all honesty I don't feel like a hardcore collector, I've never had a complete G1 collection, I've never sought Japanese exclusives and I don't buy Lucky Draw items. In truth my biggest loves in collecting are Binaltech, ROTF Human Alliance and these Joustra pre-TF toys. Most of the stuff on the site is filled with other people's stuff and pictures, and things I bought briefly to document and then sell on.

It was a pleasure. I'd actually quite like to get a Diaclone Trailbreaker with the yellow side stickers and give it yellow fists for a few pictures ;) 

All the best
    Maz

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is another great read. I'm really glad you're back at this again.

14. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    People like yourself and Collecticon who didn;t stop bugging me about the broken links have really helped bring me back into it and find the motivation to get it all functional again.

Thank you, people like you deserve as much of the credit as anybody else :thumbs2: 

All the best
    Maz

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Finally remembered to save your site to my favorites file...I love every article there, so well done and very informative! Keep 'em coming Maz!

16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Another great article.

17. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    great article Maz.

I'm so surprised eHobby never got around to doing Blue and Yellow Trailbreaker's back when they were popping out the color variants fairly regularly.

18. nicosmith

nicosmith Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    very nice joustra trailbreaker
    did they only sold this in france ?
    because on the box there is writing in dutch to
    also strange thate the comic is writin in german

do you the story behind that ?
    very fascinating does pre tf's

19. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Thank you all :thumbs2: 

I am also surprised we didn't see a yellow Hilux or Red or blue Hoist as exclusives. Popularity would have been unquestionable.

Hi Nicosmith, this was also sold in Germany, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Luxembourg and possibly Finland as well, later imported into the UK in VERY small quantities.

I think the comic is in German because the toy was bought from Germany. I haven't found a complete French Toyota 4x4 yet to see if there is a French comic printed also. My F15 came with German and French comics soo...

All the best
    Maz

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Maz,
    Thanks a lot, man! I always sorta felt like I was heckling you about it, but I always enjoyed reading the things you write so much. Even the Flash interface for the main page has always been a favorite aspect of mine. Now, I don't have to Google search an article, and work backwards from breadcrumbs :)