TF-1.com - Joustra Diaclone AMBULANCE (Ratchet)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maz, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Hey guys,

Here's my article on TF-1 for the last of the wave 1 cars released by Ceji Joustra in Europe under the "Diaclone" banner.

Joustra Diaclone AMBULANCE <- CLICK

[​IMG]

Lots of pics in there of Japanese and Italian Diaclone Ratchet, Milton Bradley 'MB' Ratchet, US Ratchet, Japanese mailaway Ratchet, bunch of stuff on the Red Cross box variant and of course the Joustra artwork and comic (which you HAVE to see!!! Evil minibots!)

Enjoy :) 

All the best
    Maz

2. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Very cool site, and really thorough - love the Ratchet artwork as well. Thanks for sharing :) 

3. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome!! I love these articles!!

Man, I wish Hasbro would make a new Ratchet that INCLUDED his MARB.... And look great. Even the IGEAR one doesn't have the MARB...

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the closest we're probably going to get was the energon remould of Towline, that guy is still Ratchet in my collection since universe didn't do it for me and henkei was too expensive

5. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but he's pricier than the Henkei (though I prefer the Universe with the red and white head).

The iGear would have been perfect if it had a MARB.

6. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

As a brand new owner of Ratchet (got the Japanese version, boxed), I am very happy to see your article. Back into TF again for the first time since primary school ("middle school"). Realized that my order of battle sorely needed a medic, as the Deceps kept marauding around ripping heads and limbs from the newer 2000s era Autobots, with those stress-safe ball joints. No longer are there all the one-sided, vanilla Autobot victories like in the '80s heyday.

I'm looking forward to your review - I am impressed by the great graphics and amount of content you squeezed in there! You must be a big fan.

7. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Thanks for your comments mate :thumbs2: 

I love this release and the toy, but it's not my favourite. I tend to write all my articles this way, with as much history and related material as I can get together so that each item I review can be viewed within its correct place in the grand scheme of things...photographs and knowledge willing :) 

All the best
    Maz

8. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

(Re: the included French comic) "As a child, these stories would have had a huge effect on how you saw your toy, just as the Transformers cartoon affected so many people's feelings about particular Autobots or Decepticons."

You nailed it!

9. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Just updated the comic translation thanks to Allspark member "Detour", and it appears that the Joustra Diaclone Ambulance is a SHE!

Love these releases so much...Ratchet is a female and the minibots are the baddies..

All the best
    Maz

10. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I'm glad your site is working again. I think more people would go to it and experience the complete amazement at the amount of content that you put into each article (like your "seekers" article) if you were linked off of sites like TFW or TFSource. TFSource is where I learned about your work.You used to be under "Source Articles", which linked right to your site. The minibots article was not only informative, but complete w/ all the pics. Your article on Overcharge (e-hobby Blitzwing) was outstanding, as well the Insecticon clones. So much so that many of the e-hobby releases you wrote about became additions to my collection. They were all ALOT cheaper when they first were being released along side the Dreamwave/TFC collection.

This Ratchet article is just another home-run by you, and I cant wait to jump into it.
    Thanx.

11. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Tweeted, and I'll post here too, LOVELY article, I only wish the whole fandom was so considered and articulate about the hobby, it'd be ever so much more fun (at least for old stodgy codgers like me ;) )

You're a treasure in this community!

d/l

12. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Incredibly kind words and I am genuinely flattered by your sentiments :thumbs2:  To be completely fair to TFSource and TFW2005, both sites did ask me if they could host all of my articles on their respective sites and promote them accordingly. I declined both of their offers as I was so determined to finally have my own webpage having hosted my work elsewhere for so many years. I had a design idea and I wanted to follow it, so as I said, I didn't take them up on their kind offers. As a result, it's probably not fair to then ask Alex or Curt to sacrifice some of their prime space on the prominent front pages for my benefit. Also I only just started writing again, if I take another long break it may not be worth their while to dedicate space to TF-1 in that fashion, as amazing as it may be for me.

Thanks again mate, your compliments are touching.

I saw the tweet, thank you young man :lol 

UPDATE: I re-scanned the comic as I wasn;t too happy with the previous ones I had done. The edge curling is a little less evident in the new scans.

All the best
    Maz