Texting Teen Falls Down Manhole

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Responces like these encourage needless idiocy. She fell in a freakin hole people, a hole big enough for a human body to fit in. I don't care what you're doing, what shiny object grabs your tiny attention span; SHE FELL IN A HOLE! The world isn't coated in soft rubber bumpers like they have in bowling alleys for little kids; the world is a place where you can fall and get hurt and die because you were doing stupid shit and not paying attention to a hole in the middle of your path big enough to fall in and thus big enough to see for a considerable distance. Cones, barriers and signs not-withstanding, this is a classic example of someone who learned a hard lesson and is now crying like a little bitch about it, and society will reward her for her incompentance because of responces like these.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Seriously, this is like stuff that happens in Mr. Magoo and Looney Tunes. Funny ass shit.

3. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BWAHAHAHAHA LOL that's so funny.........................should've been watchin where she was walkin

I remember when I was allowed to text I was aware of my surroundings whill walking.

4. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

That pretty much sums up how I feel about this.

I pray this stupid girl never gets a driver's license.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gee whiz I remember when stupidity was punished, not rewarded.

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

Some kids are just oblivious to their surroundings. I wouldn't even pin it on just this generation and their cell phones (although cell phones are a pretty convenient distraction these days). Some grow out of it, some seemingly never do; hopefully this one takes the life lesson to heart, rather than popping up in the news again for smashing into some car at 50 MPH without a trace of tire marks because she was texting, IDK, her BFF Jill?

7. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Amen to that.

I would be interested to see her text messages from the time she fell in. I'm sure they were really important. :rolleyes2 

8. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

LOL cell phone commercial reference!!!!!!

9. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Hey, natural selection DOES work! Who knew? :lol 

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Read the article again you guys. The crew was turned around to get the cones to set them up. She walks up and falls in. The cones wouldn't stop her anyway. If she doesn't see a GIANT HOLE in the ground she is not going to see a little orange triangle.

She was not paying attention to what she was doing. She could have very well walked in front of a car. Would it be the driver's fault she got run over when the teen was not looking where she was going? No. Same applies here.

She did a stupid thing and paid the price. If I'm walking and texting and trip on a curb, is the store at fault? Is the City at fault? Someone put it there. I tripped over it on their land. Should I be allowed to sue them? No. Because I am ultimately responsible for my own safety and should be paying attention.

11. rattrap007

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

12. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

It does not encourage idiocy. It encourages people who own or operate dangerous things to take the proper care so that people like YOU are not seriously harmed by their carelessness.

It might not have stopped her from hurting herself, but it might have provided the workers with some legal cover since they were taking necessary precautions. Also, cones/barricades are often placed in such a way so that if somebody is not paying attention they would run into them before they ran into the hole.

You dont know anything about the way the law works. If she had walked into the street and got hit by a car it very well could have been partly the fault of the driver. And guess what? The driver could be found responsible for some medical bills.

You might be able to sue them, that is something you would have to talk to an attorney with. Dont be jealous of people who get injured and then have the smarts to go find a lawyer to see if they can get compensation.

I love this.

13. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Has the dumb bint learnt to look where she's going? I really feel this is the important question.

14. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

There, I fixed it for you.

There is no such thing as accountability anymore. This girl was careless enough to text and not pay attention, yet her family wants to blame someone else...nope, no accountability issues there. :rolleyes2 

15. rattrap007

News Credits:
    If the driver is driving along at the speed limit and she just steps out into the street and get's hit, then it is her fault. She failed to look both ways and thus is at fault. Same way if a child darts in front of a car.

If I've got my I-pod on and not paying attention and accidentally step out in front of a bus, then I am at fault. I failed to look both ways and walked into the middle of the street.

16. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Both parties are at fault. Why wouldn't you put down cones before you opened it, instead of creating a hazard before sectioning it off? Also, it's not like they would just put a cone two inches from the hole; most of the time there is a buffer of several feet. Still, it's hard to argue whether a person would or wouldn't see cones.

There is a case, but I would think the only thing they owe her is a gift card for some new clothes and maybe a gift bag full of body wash and other hygiene items.

17. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

All of this could have been avoided, if they'd just develop a portable means of real time voice communication, so people don't have to type.

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

From my criminal law class, I'm pretty sure the driver can only be faulted if they had reasonable opportunity to not hit the person, but did so any ways (or otherwise fail to make a reasonable effort). Civil law is a different beast, but criminal law and who was faulted on that side of things is a major factor in who has a leg to stand on.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    She wants others to 'take the fall' for her stupidity? Right... :rolleyes2 

20. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits: