Customs: Testor's White Waterslide Decal Paper...da Drama!!!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by autobotx23, Sep 13, 2009.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

So, about a lil over year ago I ordered a full case of decal paper from a good buddy at the hobby store (I got it close to cost :thumb )

Since then, I've made a printed a TON of decals (for me, friends and for sale) and have had no issues going through the same process. No muss, no fuss.

About a month ago I ran out, and bought a set from my local hobby shop, went home and opened them up. For one, I found it weird that they were all now individually wrapped. Hmmm..okay, but we keep moving.

In my hubris I didn't read the directions (C'mon! I've printed over 50 sheets of decals, I know what I'm doing, right?) Actually I just read the instruction sheet last night on the poop-mobile and saw that I was doing a few things differently. For one, I usually hit them with a good 3 or 4 coats of bonder. In the past when I did spray one or two coats, I found that they ripped much easier. With 3 or 4 coats, they were easily handled and went on great (No air pockets, no wrinkles)

Anywho, when I did apply the ones I made (I'm trying to finish a Classics Wheeljack, I guess I'll be using clear paper :cry :)  They all came off clear! It was like either the white portion did not lift with the top clear layer, or that they were crappy clear decals.

I'm curious if anyone else have had this problem in their recent decalling adventures. Please share, or just tell me where I suck :lol