Customs: testors paint problem

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Apocalypse-Prime, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Apocalypse-Prime

Apocalypse-Prime Active Member

I was resently using testors paint today(various colors) when I dipped my paint brush into the water to wash off the paint and the it wouldn't come off so i shook around the brush and instead of the paint come off and mixing with the water it came off in blobs and swirled around(like vegi-oil in water) and when i pulled out the brush the paint stuck to it. I washed the brushes in soap and Ajax bleach but i couldn't get it to stop. i even tried new water. can any one help me? oh and just incase its relevant i was using the starters set of testors brushes.

2. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

you could mix a little thinner or better yet and cheaper "denatured alcohol" in the paint. Sounds like your using enamel which is oil based and is hard to rinse off. Whenever I'm using the brush I use acrylics. Much easier to work with.

What are you painting?

3. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Just get some testors paint thinner. The paint will come right out.

Mike

4. Apocalypse-Prime

My enzo ferrari model but the other thing is that I been painting it for 10 days and i never had this probem before. and is there some kind of alternative i could use instead of paint thinner(i havn't gotten a chance to buy any) because i wont be able to get any for a while.

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

In a pinch, I use liquid lighter fluid as a thinner for testors enamels.

6. Apocalypse-Prime

ok i bought the paint thinner but now i need to know do i put it directly into the paint of into the washing water and how much?

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I'd like to know any tricks to using the Testors paint thinner myself. I just dipped my brushes directly into it at full-strength, which worked but it uses a lot of thinner.

BTW: I found out by accident that WD40 acts as a thinner on the Testors enamel paint too! Gotta love WD40.

8. Apocalypse-Prime

gas works too i used after i started this thread. but i got bored of waiting so i just used an eyedropper and put in about 4 dropps into each of my bottles and that worked fine.

9. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

this is why I only use acrylic paints easier to use and less trouble If you can't find a color mix to match and you'll do fine

10. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    If you are using enamils wash up with Testors Paint thinner....If you are using acrylics then use Isoprophyl Alcohol or Tamiya acrylic thinner. Oh and try to get some better brushes as well :)