Customs: Testors Model Master & Airbrushes

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Feb 22, 2009.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Since I got a bit of cash for my birthday, I've been considering getting an aribrush. The local hobby store carries Testors airbrushes, and at a great price, so that's likely to be my choice (I also feel its important to support American companies in these tough economic times)

Anyhoo, here's my main question. Can their ModelMaster paint bottles fit on their airbrushes? For some one who's clumbsy as Spongebob when it comes to mixing and pouring paint, its way easier/less aggrivating to just fit the bottle right to the airbrush :lol 

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Which airbrush are you looking at? It sounds like you are looking at a siphon feed (from the bottom). Those are good for large base coats, but its hard to do small details with them, at least in my experience.

3. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

sometimes you might be able to do that however if i remember correctly the model master bottles are shorter than the airbrush bottles thus the siphon hose can get bent and closed off

4. anovasinn

BTW an easy way to transfer paint from one bottle to another is by sticking a straw in the paint putting your finger over the other end and pull it out. kinda like when you were a kid playing with your soda at McDonald's :tongue: 

5. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Riiiiight, as a kiiiiiid :peoples:  Also I've got plenty of short siphon hoses from those uber cheap airbrushes (the canned air starter-kit ones)

6. anovasinn

lol i meant no harm and duh i must have been asleep at the keyboard yeah shorter siphon hoses :redface2: 

7. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:

Holy shit that is genius! I was looking at pipets but the straw is way better and cheaper!

iDD