Customs: Testors Acrylics

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rodimus, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Has anyone ever tried the Testors Acrylics Walmart has with the Models section in the toy department? Are they any good?

I've heard bad stuff about the ones Walmart has "in their crafts section" so I just want to see if these are different and will work.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's the only place I've seen them actually, though I haven't really looked anywhere else. It worked just fine for me, I know a lot of people here love the brand in general.

3. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

ive used them on a few things, but like any acrylic they can be obnoxious, i have used the ones in the little kit, and a few in the little jars... now i suggest staying away from the 12 pack or whatever it is.. i think they are prism or something, no good for toys... fine for other crafts...and whatever you do, if you use the little glass jars, dont accidently buy enamel

4. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

I've used them on a few model kits and they are pretty good. They dry ALOT faster then enamel. I usually use the Model Masters acrylics paints from Hobby lobby. They are the upper line of Testers. They have a better selection of colors.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I use the Testors acrylics all the time. They're pretty good paint, they even stick to Lexan.

6. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

on that note... has anyone seen a yellow bottle of testors acrylics? or do they not have it at walmart:-? i went to 2 stores and they didnt even have a peg for it

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I used yellow testors acrylic on my Bumblebee custom - actually I used testors acrylic on almost all of my TF paint jobs except for car body work (use spray paint for that) it works great and dries fast.

8. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

Try a local hobby shop. I've seen it at Hobby lobby.

9. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

yeah yeah yeah... i live way out in the country, im kinda limited... its either waL-mart or the other wal-mart, and for a 2 hour drive... an even bigger wal-mart

10. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    excelent for details and minor works, faces, eyes and parts that take not much stress when transforming the toy, i even used testors to transform a yellow diaclone trailbreaker to a black transformers one with very good results.

I hope my feedback is useful.

11. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Testors acylics are easy to clean up and thin down with just water or windex.

12. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I've had better luck with the Testor's Acrylics than I have with Tamiya's. And, I've gotten all of my Testor's Acrylics from WM. I was pleasantly surprised to discover how quickly the acrylics dry and how durable they are, considering I use them on TFs that actually get TF'ed.

13. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I used that stuff on my Blackarachnia custom, it came out really well for me. I can only imagine what better paint could do.

14. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

The reviews are in! The verdict: It's a keeper! Good Stuff and will get more!

Thanks for the feedback!