Terrorcon Blot : recommendations?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Sep 22, 2008.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Anyone know of a mold which has a "blot" feel to it?
    2 points though...
    1) I would prefer it being a transmetal/beast war type of transformer
    2) It would need to scale with Cyb Scourge.

I was thinking this guy, though unsure about the size of this figure:

[att]14267[/att]​

Attached Files:

• blot.jpg
      blot.jpg
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views:
  2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I've given this some thought too. That Cybertron Snarl is firmly Deluxe sized... so it depends... are you using Cybertron Scourge as Hun-Grr or Sinnertwin?

I don't think Snarl would make a good Blot, though he might work for Sinnertwin if you gave him two heads.

I'd look at Cybertron Optimus Primal... the Beast Wars Primal style mold that came out at the tail end of Cybertron. It's a deluxe, and he turns into a bio-mechanical ape-like beast... probably a good starting point for Blot... whatever he's supposed to be. :) 

zmog

3. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I saw a Terrorcon redux awhile back that used Armordillo as a Blot, but I don't think that's what you're going for here. :) 

The major problem with updating this guy is that... well... WTF /IS/ Blot? XD

I think Optimus Minor, sans tail, may be a decent mold to use. Add some claws or such, make him meaner.

- Alty

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I kinda agree try to check the Cybertron Optimus Primal as Blot, I think it might be cool, but it won't hurt to find out.

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    For years now I've been saying Blot is an Ogre, so Primal might be a good choice, or anyone that you might be able to do a "roll your own mold" squat-humanoid alternate transformation from their standard robot mode.

Also, if you have Generations, check out his non-animation character design, they actually make him look really cool, all the terrorcons actually look great, and still on model with their toys

D/L

6. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    You could try an TF: Cybertron T-Rex Megatron?
    Just change hima up a bit to make him look more like Blot? or try to mix n match bit Cybertron Optimus Prime(Monkey Deluxe) and Cybertron T-Rex MEgatron?

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I believe Blot's always been said to be some form of 'mole monster', but I can't remember if that's official or not. Alty's suggestion of Optimus Minor would be FAR too small, and the mould's not actually much like Blot at all. I'd concur with Cyb Optimus Primal myself; as a gorilla, he's got that hulking feel to him, and being a Deluxe, he should scale okay with the likes of Scourge (Leader class, amirite?).

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    cool, thanks. I can't seem to even find a pic of C prime online. anyone got a link to one?

9. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was having the same issue as I was trying to figure out the molds I was going to use for my Terrorcons. Blot was really the only one I couldn't find an appropriate base figure for. Finally found one, but it is going to take some add ons and transformation fiddling to make it Blot: Cybertron Sideways was the figure I settled on. Here is a pic to show what I am doing.
    [​IMG]

10. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Ramrider makes Alty cry. And because I forgot entirely about that Cyb Primal. *sniffle*

It would be a lot of fun with the Cyb Primal, too. Modding, sanding, adding styrene, claws, etc, etc. Fun kitbash that'd be.

And HOLY CRAP Sculpt-Bot, first Classics Mirage into a Technobot, and now Sideways into Blot. You sir are a genius. That looks great!

- Alty

11. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    Now that is pretty cool!
    i can see blot in him, are you currently workin on Terrorcons as well as your Technobots?

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

*provides tissues*

That's a really interesting choice for Blot, SB, and with the right mods I can see it working well. Nice one!

13. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trying not to Highjack F_R's thread here, just trying to say that with Blot I think you need to deviate from the other "beast" tf's, because I really don't know what the hell he was supposed to be, and he is one of the few Terrorcons without a current similar mold.

14. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    That idea is real awesome SB, I may just use the "head" from that figure and combine it with something else, as the most important factor for me is to have him scale with Sinnertwin, as Blot will become the left leg, and needs to be BIG!

Maybe I will just grab another Cyb. Scourge mold and mod it to be a Blot thingy...

15. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, Scourge for the legs? That is going to be amazing. That's an ultra, and much of the ideas presented are deluxe sized.

A long shot, but what about the Drill/Mole Machine himself, Cybertron Menasor? He's not really a beast, but I'm sure you can figure something out.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/cybertron-decepticons-171/menasor-with-heavy-load-mini-con-1174/

Here is a picture just to show the scale, google/ebay search if you need more.

[​IMG]

I'm really excited to see what you do with this team!!!

I'm planning a Blot with this guy...Beast Machines Primal. He is a deluxe, and probably the weirdest Optimus iteration.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, that figure is just weird from every angle.

Anyone have a C Scourge on hand and can measure the size? Mine's still in the mail on it's way here. I am liking the Menasor idea...

17. SMOG

I still can't believe that you're using C. Scourge in the Sinnertwin slot. :) 

Cybertron Scourge is pretty big... about 8.5 inches tall, or 11 inches at the top of his shoulder spikes.

Cybertron Menasor is a little over 8 inches at the top of his head. So they're pretty close to the same size.

I definitely think you could get a good Blot out of Menasor with some ingenuity. However, you may run into some other issues there... Menasor has a decidedly industrial aesthetic to him, while Scourge has a pretty organic style.

I'm thinking that it would be cool to make Terrorcons out of non-beast TFs, to get a really mecha-monster look going... but it might be a weird contrast to have both the mech and pseudo-organic look going on the same combiner. But that's just me... I like to have a unified aesthetic, especially since combiners already have a bit of a piecemeal look to them. :) 

zmog

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Whoa. I thought you were using Scourge for Hun-Grr. So if he's Sinnertwin, what do you plan on using for the boss-bot - Unicron?

19. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    i think hes going to use RID Megatron:)  just kinda of a wild guess plus hes the only 2 headed one left lol

20. SMOG

Hm. RID Megatron is smaller than Scourge even.

2-headed Supreme Cheetor?

Cybertron Metroplex twisted into inappropriate new forms?

zmog