Terradive do you have a lemon issue??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arcticwave, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Arcticwave

Arcticwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was fortunate enough to snag the new TF Terradive figure. I'm loving this figure and the trident is a blast, however his left shoulder won't click into place no matter how I position it. That and his right leg falls off with the slightest breeze due to a weak ball joint. Is anyone else having similar issues with this figure or did I just purchase a lemon?

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    unfortunately mine is doing the same thing..plus on mine the right arm likes to detach right above the elbow joint just for any slight movement...i worked on the plastic hinge in the back of the side that did not want to click into place...now it 1/2 clicks...but he is one of these tfs that will get displayed in one pose on a shelf for all time...

sad too...this is a nice mold..but if it is fucked up right out the get go...what shape will the repaint be in?

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i hate those joints on all the new figs..not te ball joint but that little flat rotating joint that slides out at the slihtest rotation...my shoulder stays in perfect,doesnt help much though if his leg/darkmounts leg falls off

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used superglue on Terradive, Tomahawk, and Soundwave. For the most part, they're nice and snug now.

5. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I was fortunate enough to receive a Terradive with tight joints. Legs don't pop off and arm shoulders do snap in place very nicely. I haven't done any artistic poses on him yet which gives me a feeling that if I start to do so the damn thing will start to break apart. With Tomahawk, legs just don't stay in tact, they are flimsy and loose...I'm only able to pose him standing straight which is very annoying.

6. Arcticwave

Arcticwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was able to get Terradive into this pose after tracking down my wife's clear nail polish. Now I'm afraid to "play" with him as I'm worried that his legs won't hold. [​IMG]

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    My Terradive (from HTS) has the leg issue, but it's incredibly minor especially now that I know what to look out for. The shoulder issue is kinda there, but I wasn't afraid to bend the black back piece slightly to make everything work the way it should.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    For some reason i feel that trident would look killer in Skullgrin's hands...

9. wingblade prime

wingblade prime Fallen

Same thing here, bad leg/hip joint. Used the wife's clear nail polish. Otherwise, what a great figure.

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

just be glad & satisfied you own the mold. others won't see it in stores for at least 3+weeks.

11. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Haha..True that my friend!

12. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

On my figure, HIS left arm doesn't peg in well. Also, both legs pop off very easily. His left hand also tends to pop off too.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    One of the shoulders wouldn't stay put on mine. I shaved a tiny bit of plastic off and now it fits perfectly.

As for the hip ball joints, I coated them with clear nail polish and they haven't popped off since.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, mine's pretty terrible. I had to cut away some plastic on the arm to get it to lock in, and the legs don't want to stay on for anything. I used super glue on the ball joints, but that didn't seem to work. it seems like the swivel joint just below the ball-and-socket is designed to pop the legs off...

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Both legs were loose out of package, the left more than the right. I knew of this when watching baltmatrix's review on Youtube late last week. Apparently, Tomahawk has the same problem. I coated Terradive's balljoints and sockets with Future. Tomahawk is fine for now, although I don't like the clear yellow visor. Might have to paint that a solid gold.

16. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Legs, arms and wrists all fall off pretty easily on mine. What bothers me more than all of that is the shade of orange, it makes my eyes bleed. I do love the sculpt though and will gladly buy a repaint.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    my tomahawk figure's legs are about floppy and loose as a 90 year grandma's tendons...

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    actually no...i am starting to get tired of ordering $14 and higher priced deluxes off ebay and online sites and getting something MOSC opened up to find it is a floppy , fucked up mess...

tomahawk, terradive, tailwhip, and the crazy chinese barricade redeco have all been crap condition ....

hailstorm has been the nice exception...sweet, tight firm joints all over.

hasbro QC =FAIL lately on almost everything...

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    The shoulder is easy to fix. The shoulder slot is supposed to have perfectly parallel walls but if you look closely, you'll realize it's not the case. The "bottom" part is narrower, which forces the tab out. Just carve some plastic and it'll work just fine.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Eh, chances are you would've come across the same floppy mess if you bought one in-store. But I suppose it's easier to deal with since you can exchange it at your convenience. Then again, I can almost guarantee that it'll be hard to do since so many stores throughout the country are still stuck on Wave 1 and that any new product will vanish off the shelves rather quickly. I don't let something that I can fix bother me. Just a little bit of superglue or Future will solve those balljoint issues.