Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gears, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I can't believe he used such a terrible alias.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man this was great. I had heard they were going to get rid of the school shooting scene, but I'm glad they kept it.
    He didn't know which kid was him until the role call.

No it's only confusing the nerds who want to nitpick about specific dates.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  3. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

if u ask me every movie and this show are in a diffrent universe. why? becuse when you change the timeline u get a alternate reality.

4. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    My take from what I watched was that it was a "reboot" for the Terminator franchise, yet for me its just the same old story over and over. Give me the War between the robots and humans, enough on the "We must kill the Connor Boy" stuff. Terminator was a great film, Terminator 2 was fancy but the same story, T3......well mostly an excuse for a hot chick robot.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I caught the start of this as I was curious to see the outcome of the NYG/Cowboys game. Have to say it was extremely bad, had to turn if off about 20-30 min in. The acting alone was enough to bring one to tears, just awful. I wish they could actually come up with new idea's as recycling these old franchises just not seems to be working.

On a separate note not even knowing this series was airing this weekend I actually picked up both T1 on regular DVD for $5 and T2 on Blu ray for $17 this past week :lol 

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  6. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

I can't wait to hear why BOTH of the Terminators are able to act far more human.

But what was up with the future time travel? Kyle said there's NO going back. If that was always a possibility why didn't they try it first? I guess one explanation is that originally it belonged to the Machines THEN the humans learned how to use it, but it's still dumb.

This is ALWAYS brought up. And I feel the need to bring this up. The machines didn't even know who Sarah Conner was, let alone her ancestors. That's why the first Terminator killed a bunch of women in the area with her name.

And even if the Machines did that, there would still be a protector sent back and the same exact thing would go down.

7. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I still regard the original T2 ending as the "true" ending as it's what Cameron wanted to use. Everything afterwards is superfluous marketing.

8. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

As far as I'm concerned, both T3 and Sarah Conner Chronicles are alternate universes. The first Universe of T1 and T2 is safe from the evil future. Nothing bad is happening. They're all living swell lives.

Every Highlander Sequel is pretty much a new alternate reality, so two alternate dimensions for Terminator is fine.

9. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    makes for decent entertainment, that's it. look at the details and your brain hurts, so don't!

10. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

The thing everyone forgets is that the end of T2 changes everything. Skynet is not the same. Its not made by the same person. It uses the same source so they look the same but they are from different years.
    Why is John the leader in an alternate future? I would chalk that up to self fulfilled prophecy. Sarah trains John is entire live for this. He knows them better than anyone on the planet. Thus he becomes leader.

11. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I agree with that - to me, T2 was the end of the story - Cyberdyne destroyed, the Skynet research lost, both Terminators gone, Judgement Day averted. What I disliked most about T3 was how it flew in the face of T2's 'There is no fate but that which we make for ourselves' message. Despite everything in T2, Skynet came into being (somehow), Judgement Day still happened... So despite averting Judgement Day, it was inevitable. Great. :-\

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

That's so easy to explain. No going back, without a time displacement machine. Which I don't have, nor do I have the expertise to build one. You'll note that she-terminator actually says "We built it so we'd have a way back."

QFT. Another thing not everyone realizes that as long as John Conner exists Judgement day will happen. Otherwise what reason is there for Kyle Reese to go back in time and knock-up Sarah Conner. John Conner a temporal paradox made flesh.

The biggest problem with Terminator continuity is fricking T2. Fucked everything up it did. It was made only 7 years after the first one. Which means John should have been a little boy rather than a tween like he was, James Cameron though that continuity wasn't that important I guess. Then they go a change the future so Skynet isn't created like it was originally (but that John was still there at the end of T2 pretty much guarenteed it would). The along comes T3 and doesn't help anything. It goes and nails down an age for John when the events of T2 happened (13). Which is based on nothing more than Edward Furlongs age during T2's principle photography. Which means T2 had to happen in 1996 or 1997 (John being born in 84*). Although T3 infers that John is 20.

*For me if a movie doesn't state when it happens I always assume it to be set during when ever the date of it's principle photography was. Usually 6 months to a year before it opens in a theatre.

13. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I agree. But for some reason I don't have this same problem with the TV show. It seems to show more respect to T2. We will see as time goes on. But as long as they explain it well enough then I am fine with it. So far the writing is good. As long as that holds up I will watch. T3 pissed me off. It was a 2 hr f u to James Cameron and his vision.
    The way the TV show has gone, this is much more respectful..... so far.

14. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Gotta say loved the show, so much better than a lot on TV right now. They kinda over did it with the ads during football though.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They knew the name, that's really all it takes.

16. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

I'm ok with the idea of Judgement Day just being postponed but the idea of it being inevitable? No just no!

17. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I love they dance around the issue of who still ended up building skynet. It was like, dont know who, but know when. Basically we probably won't end up finding out who till like season 3......if it lasts.

18. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought it was okay. I'm a little confused on where they can go with this show though. Are they going to keep jumping around in time? Do they really want to prevent judgment day or do they just want to keep John alive long enough to lead the resistance?

19. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

eh, wasn't to impressed. though I'll still keep watching out of brand loyalty, which is all Fox cares about.

20. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I'm calling it now: Summer Glau's character is not a terminator, but a human with cybernetic implants/parts. This way it won't be as weird when they do the inevitable love story between her and John Conner.

I watched it, it was ok, but I'm just not a fan of the "OMG it's a terminator-chick!!1!"-gimmick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.