Terminator Salvation Figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pravus Prime, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Stopping at TRU on my way home today, I was rather surprised to see the assortment of Terminator figures out already, and in so many scales. So, am I the only one to get any yet?

Normally I'm not big on picking stuff up right away, I like to play it cool and wait for a sale or to see a review, but I saw the Hunter Killer and decided to go for it. I also got the 6 inch T-700. I can post pics if needed, but really, they're pretty WYSIWYG.

I'll admit, I got the T-700 with the hopes that it and the T-RIP it shares a mold with would be awesome enough that I'd wait for a sale then army build with them. They look passable as both background skeletal warriors or as the Terminators they're intended to be. However, I'm disapointed. I was expecting a lot more articulation and a more solid sculpt then we got; it's neat the way they got the soft plastic pistons and cords to connect to add detail, but they really end up just hindering the figure more then helping. For example, there's this nice soft plastic wire that runs from the top of the tricep up and around the collar bone, and down into the torso. However, it's short enough that it's stretched tight if you raise the arm parallel to the ground, and you can't raise his arm without popping the cord out. It's even worse on the neck, as the side neck cords essentially kill the head swivel. He's got a neck swivel that's all but useless, a pseudo ball hinge shoulders, that are restricted in the forward and back motion, "hasbro" style elbows, with the hinge up and down, and the swivel side to side in the same point, swivel hinge hips (yes, no ball or pseudoball hips!) knees, and swivel (side to side) ankles. Also the right ankle swivel joint is frozen on mine. He also has a waist joint, but it's spring loaded like the old He-man figures, so it's also effectively useless, and it's very restricted anyway (Maybe 10 degrees rotation). Also, the top of the sternum where the collarbones meet is soft plastic, but it's mounted very high on the figure, resulting in him looking like he has no neck. I also had some issues with getting him to stand up, better articulation in the hiops or feet would've made it a lot easier. I don't want to comment on the quality of the sculpt, at least not until I've seen the movie, but it does seem a bit on the plain side. On the plus side, the light piping isn't bad, he lights up these two small points of red, the guns are nice, and fit well into his hands, and despite his thin stature nothing feels fragile. However at 10 bucks, I can't recommend him.

The HK is another story. First of all, it's very detailed, with a lot of nice subtle colorations, and they blended the action feature into the sculpt to the point where I didn't even notice the thumbwheel until I was looking at the directions (said thumbwheel allows you to move both thrusters at the same time in unison). The missles blend in nicely with the sculpt, they're there without drawing unnecessary attention to them. The forward guns are on swivels, and the landing gear is well executed. The bottom opens up and you can store a 3 inch figure in there. It comes with a T-700, but any figure should fit, I was able to put a DCIH Black Adam figure in it, but the T-700 fit better naturally. Laughably, ignoring the articulation that's severely hindered for whatever reason on the 6 inch figure, the 3 inch figure matches it articulation wise if you don't count the ankle swivels. Really, other then that it doesn't transform into a robot, the only other complaint I could level against the HK is that it would've been preferable if both forward guns and the rear guns had been on a ball joint, but that's a pretty minor complaint I think. At $22, it's not cheap, but I feel you get your moneys worth, especially if you deduct the price of a 3 inch figure from that, it's about $15 for the HK, which seems like a pretty decent deal IMHO.

I have a feeling that this will probably be all I get from the Terminator Salvation series.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    :useless 

3. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I seen some of the 6 and 3 inch figs at a kmart t-1 t-700 t-r.i.p t-600 and some humans.
    Looking forward to the mototerminators and aerial hk. hoping for a hk tank.

4. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Mwctoys review
    Hope the vehicles are going to better, based on Pravus Prime's description.

5. red00wolf

6. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

I saw both 3.75 and 6 inch lines at K-Mart.

7. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Sideshow Freaks
    The figures might not be up to notch, but love their takes on the vehicles,
    especially how all the gimmicks blend into the overall look of the toys.

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I saw these last week...only question I had was, why is there no John Conner figure? I looked on the back of everything, not one of them had John on the back.

9. Crown_Athlete

There is one. He has a kerchief covering his face. Part of the first wave, you should be able to find at any store that has stocked.

10. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I could of sworn I looked at them and didn't see any named John Conner....hmmm will have to look again.

11. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

i seen most of them and some of them look great

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Only interested in the HK and the Harvester, myself...Is the latter out yet?

13. red00wolf

nope

14. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Strange how both the Connor figures have at least some his face covered, problems getting rights for the Goddamn Baleman's likeness maybe?

I think I still have a T2 T-800 figure somewhere, might get the other metal dudes from this line for a sort of Terminator line-up on the shelf.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bale wouldn't lend his likeness to the upcoming video game, and maybe he won't for the toys? That would be too bad.

16. Crown_Athlete

Just got back from K-Mart and had him in my hand. His face is covered like I stated, but it says John Conner on the package. I just can't bring myself to buy any though. They will be in clearance in a month so I'll get a Terminator or 2.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Just took a look at the figures, and when I saw the A-10 in the "vehicles" section I couldn't believe that the description for it mentioned it was a critical part of the resistance air fleet. Seriously, an A-10? I can't see how that thing can last against anything larger than a solitary H-K in the air considering Skynet's forces have lasers on their side.

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Clearly, you're not an Airwolf fan. Lasers don't automatically equal victory.

19. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I bought a T-1 from my store. Not really interested in the other stuff. I hope they make a huge HK Tank thing(don't know it's name)

They work good as Megatron's drones!

[​IMG]

20. red00wolf

hk tank is correct.