Tennessee Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by feral prime, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Same here. Should be on my porch when I get home from work today.

2. Iacon Studios

Iacon Studios Well-Known Member

And much as I love finding something in the wild after a hard day at work online shopping really has become the way to go. Distribution and allocation sucks so bad it's a total crap shoot trying to find ANYTHING.

Then again I recall it was SUPER hard to find G1 in stores...and that was LONG before the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fla_Omega_Supreme

fla_Omega_Supreme Last line of Defense

News Credits:
    Starting to feel the same way, would have loved to wait on predaking to show up some place like Ollie's but with no guarantee (never saw metroplex cheaper, and only saw him once and picked it up for a buddy since I was in a money crunch at the time, and trypticon I never saw at Ollie's but got one at full price at TRU which was the only one I saw there) I'm liking the online ordering. Much less wasted gas, and it about evens out with shipping, if not through amazon.

4. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Finally found Studio Series Jazz at Rockwood Walmart. There's nothing else left except 4 SS Lockdowns.

5. Nicollo

Nicollo Well-Known Member

I agree. Hasbro has been dropping the ball as of late. I don't know if it has to do with our locations or what. TN seems to get sprinklings here and there, but never enough to equal out supply and demand. And I, like so many of you, have had to order online to fill the holes in my collection. Also with the online only figures, it seems only logical to buy the rest of your figures while there and get a discount on shipping versus spending gas money. Alas, I am afraid that the days of "the chase" might be coming to an end.
    P.S. G1s were everywhere when I was a kid. The problem was picking out the one you wanted to spend your lawn mowing money on.

• Like Like x 2
  6. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    Target near the 240 in Memphis had nothing I wanted had that stupid cybershit toys

7. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    No shit! I need a couple more Titans Return Misfire's & Windblade's for customs & the damned things never even hit stores. And I still don't have Twin Twist. My favorite character Misfire finally gets updated & that's the wave that decided to go MIA. It should have been wave 6 that never hit stores but of course Slugslinger was easy as hell to find but Misfire didn't even make it to stores.

I told my friend about Cogman at TJ Maxx the day of the announcement & he checked & only found Crosshairs. *IF* they ever got Cogman they only got like 1? 1 for the entire area?

Last night I figured out I can make a custom Bugly out of the Submarauder Prime Master. So I just checked Hasbrotoyshop & Submarauder is the only one that's SOLD OUT. Wave 3 is still IN STOCK but Submarauder is SOLD OUT.
    :wtf: 

Hasbro is probably never going to make the rest of the Insecticons, Venom, Barrage & Ransack. And we'll probably never get the rest of the Pretender Armors (Bugly is my favorite & I was really hoping they'd make him). And Hasbro's Devastator & Predaking are huge disappointments. I'm not getting either of them.

This is constantly pissing me off. It's no longer a fun or enjoyable hobby. The prices, the quality, the distribution, they all SUCK! I picked up a loose Strafe from Unite Warriors. He has 2 left knees. His right leg bends the wrong way. And the only way to get the correct part is by recasting it off of the new Blast Off (I can do it but I really don't feel like it, I shouldn't have to) which means removing the 2 pins. My Takara Legends Octane came with 2 right hands but at least Amiami got me a left hand.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  8. Scubamatics25

Scubamatics25 Well-Known Member

Power of the Primes Predaking is here and he is awesome looks great standing next to Combiner Wars Devastator

• Like Like x 2
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There is a TLK deluxe Hot Rod at Columbia Ross in case anyone still needs him...

10. Kink Arcana

Kink Arcana Member

Anyone seen PotP Sludge in Knox area? Only wave 2 deluxe I am still missing. Really hoping to finish the "official" Volcanicus here.

11. fla_Omega_Supreme

News Credits:
    Might check Krogers, was thinking I saw one at the Oak Ridge Store

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kink Arcana

Kink Arcana Member

Just saw a bunch of cyberverse stuff at Turkey Creek Target. One ultimate Optimus left, ultra Grimlock, and lots of the smaller figures. No Shockwave. There were a couple PotP Rodimus too in case anyone still needs him.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  13. DMaynor23

DMaynor23 Well-Known Member

Amazon has him in stock for a decent price

• Like Like x 1
  14. fla_Omega_Supreme

News Credits:
    Two SS lockdowns at Walker springs walmart in knox... I picked up the lone jazz

15. aurora51

aurora51 Active Member

Any one find anything new at Ollies recently after the Overlord overstock?

16. fschuler

News Credits:
    I haven't found anything notable in a while. I frequent a couple of Ollie's (one in northern KY and one in Columbia, TN) and haven't seen anything TF or TMNT wise for a while. To be honest, I think we we're being a bit spoiled by them for a couple months. I'm looking forward to what they bring in by way of the TRU buyout.

17. fla_Omega_Supreme

News Credits:
    So Olies bought tru excess stock? Please let that include Grotusque, I'd pay retail to get that one, if they picked up that from TRU.

18. fschuler

News Credits:
    An employee at the Columbia store told me Ollie's was working on buying at least some of TRU's stock back when Trypticon hit in May. And, around the time Bliztwing/Octone/Overlord hit, a lady in the Northern KY store told me to watch out for a huge influx of toys from TRU this Christmas. She said they are probably going to have to double the size of the toy section just to make room for it. You may get your Grotusque yet. I was lucky in that one of the TRUs in Cincinnati got in a shit ton of Grotusques (probably over 100 of them...no exaggeration). Keep your eyes peeled...hopefully you get to pick one up.

19. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I don't think anyone knows for certain, but whatever excess inventory in general outlasted the liquidation sale has to go somewhere, which does probably mean a richer than usual holiday selection for all those places - Ollie's, Ross, TJ Maxx. But there's no particular guarantee you'll find anything really notable TF-wise as a result. I'd be pretty happy though if I could get one of those movie Cybertrons for under $50, even if nothing else interesting comes of the whole process.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Those are cross-sells, not bios.

• Like Like x 1