Tennessee Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by feral prime, Jul 9, 2003.

1. fla_Omega_Supreme

fla_Omega_Supreme Last line of Defense

Ok, I removed one complete ring at the end, and not quite a fourth of the next ring, and put a very thin piece of foam in bottom. It now moves and it still seems tight...hopefully not too tight.
    20170727_211538.jpg 20170727_211559.jpg

2. fla_Omega_Supreme

At least 2 skullitrons left at West town tru, one up front and at least one in the tf aisle

3. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

I was up in Franklin and TRU had 3 Vecelatron sets if anyone is looking.

4. Nicollo

Nicollo Active Member

Was at Knoxville TRU tonight and they had the RID Menasor on shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Thank you! I'll probably go and see if it's still there tomorrow so I can get it. :) 

Oh, and did you catch how much it was?

6. Nicollo

Nicollo Active Member

No. Sorry.

7. fla_Omega_Supreme

Response from Hasbro on trypticon hip:
    Email response from Hasbro customer service in regards to notification of trypticon hip issue and asking if a fix exists.

So no current fix, and the only option is to send it back and hope they have one in stock and risk getting some random item back of "equal value" if they don't have one available.

I sent an email to customer service before I attempted a self repair (so I'm probably not covered now) which seems to have worked. The only thing I still worry about the the cut end of the spring possibly tearing up the inside of the hip, or the hip ratchet still being too strong and destroying the plus shaped post inside the joint. But as of right now the hip seems secure and moves with reasonable force.

8. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Snagged RID Menasor at West town TRU. :)  It rung up for a total of $32.76.

[​IMG]

I didn't see Ultra Bee or anymore Menasor, but there is 1 leader class TLK Megatron there if anyone wants him.

9. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire BUMBLEBEE MUST DIE!

News Credits:
    I opened my Trypticon's hips & just squeezed the springs with my hand. I kept squeezing them closed. Then I tried to bend them a bit so they would stay in more of a closed position. While I was doing this I was trying to think of ways to fix it. I was too tired so I finally said to hell with it, I didn't feel like messing with it. I put the springs back in & reassembled him. I was thinking about returning it to Toys R Us. Then I noticed the hips worked perfectly. I closed the springs just enough so they weren't an issue anymore. Now I'm seeing people cutting springs & doing all kinds of crazy shit to their Trypticons when all you really need to do is squeeze & bend the springs with your hands. I had to fix his hips, tail, chest & Full Tilt's neck socket. For these prices, Hasbro really needs to work on their QC.

I also had to fix leader Megatron's jet mode, the nose wouldn't lock down & stay closed. So I removed the springs & tightened everything with some glue. Now I just manually separate the nose. The springs are totally unnecessary. Seems like every TF I buy needs some kind of repair right out of the box.

As far as sightings go, East TN. sucks except for Toys R Us. They got a ton of new stuff last week. I picked up Trypticon & TLK leader & deluxe Megatron. They also had Skullitron, Dragonstorm, MP Optimus & Bumblebee, TLK voyager Megatron (probably had Hound too but I didn't pay much attention), TLK leader Optimus, Cybertron (Primus) & Titans Return voyager Megatron & Optimus.

Now I need to find Misfire, Twintwist & Wingblade.

On a side note, I ordered Chaos On Velocitron from the Toys R Us site. They sent me a survey about my experience. I basically told them the Johnson City store fucking sucks! They never have anything. Never restock. If they do they only get 1 case for the entire area that sells out right away & then they don't get any more for 4-6 months. And their Transformers section looks like a bomb hit it. When I was there the employees told me that the district manager was there & told the manager he needs to get more Transformers out but there was nothing to put out. The store never gets shit. So after I sent the survey the manager sent me a reply:

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Johnson City store. We really appreciate your feedback and are sorry you were unhappy with your visit. You mentioned that we did not have a enough Transformer product in stock.

I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of our store and Toys R Us. I also wanted to let you know that our inventory system is "auto-replenish" and creates the order automatically as long as we are able to get the product from Hasbro. I am not sure if Hasbro is behind on production or if we are unable to acquire product for another reason. I hope that we can get this product in for you soon.

As Store Manager at the Johnson City store, I take your feedback very seriously and I will use it to improve our store and deliver the outstanding experience that you expect and deserve.

We hope to see you again soon. If I can help you in any other way, please reach out using my contact information below.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  10. fla_Omega_Supreme

The squeezing did work for some, but it appears each hip strength is a little different...I took both springs with me to work and worked them all day (my fidget toy for the day) and neither situation changed, both hips still locked. I read about it working for some, But not in my case. Then I also read that many just have issues in one hip, and others that are fine...some cut half the spring (would have been a mistake on mine as it would not be enough pressure to hold poses), and others completely remove the springs and packed the joint to build a friction joint. So, it's not a one fix solution for everyone, unless Hasbro addresses the QC on their end, and that's to late for many

11. Aimless Misfire

News Credits:

What about grinding the teeth down with a dremel? I did that to fix my tail problem. Didn't try it on the hips though.

12. fla_Omega_Supreme

Guess with a steady hand, maybe...but one goof up and it could be over for the ratchet piece, at least the spring could be replaced, or if you cut too much you could build compression strength up by adding cardboard or rubber washers under it.

Hadn't heard of tail issues yet, was it just the one click point where you rotate it near the body from the city and ship mode to the dino mode?

13. Aimless Misfire

News Credits:
    Yes. Spring was way too tight so the gears wouldn't work. So you would end up snapping the plastic holding the gears. The teeth were way to long so they would stay locked. I had to grind them down. It's a really stupid design flaw.

14. D RODZ

D RODZ Active Member

Memphis TRU on Winchester has MP Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. One Velocitron set. One each of TLK leader Optimus and Megatron. Two Trypticon and a few of the evolution Optimus sets. They also had one Menasor set from Robots in Disguise.

15. axl6533

axl6533 the party is over. a new era has begun.

News Credits:
    Hey any voyager hounds in Memphis anywhere I checked target in poplar nothing. But wave one

16. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    I left a Scorn at the Wal-Mart across from Toys R Us in Murfreesboro. Just had the one, plus several Grimlocks.

So, so many Grimlocks.

17. Tahukanuva

Tahukanuva Human After All

MPM Bumblebee at the Chattanooga TRU. I grabbed one, don't remember if I left one or two there.

18. Titantron

Titantron Wrecker

Ebay:
  19. crossphyr

crossphyr Well-Known Member

Went to west town mall TRU. It's buy one get one 40% but didn't feel like scalping the second megatron to get a deal for myself so I left it.

Deluxe: bumblebee
    Barricade
    Berserker
    Skullitron
    Slash

Voyager:
    Titans return optimus prime
    Titans return megatron
    The last knight megatron
    The last knight grimlocks

Leader class optimus prime, one with huge wheel backpack.

Just an FYI I was able to get hound and leader megatron off hasbro toyshop for 20% off.

Both shipped were 70 total including tax.

Also I'm hoping the guy who just bought two mp10 reissues is not gonna try scalp em :/

-Andy

20. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

Picked up the only MP movie bee left at the Chattanooga TRU.