Ten-year sentence thrown out in teen sex case

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, Jun 11, 2007.

1. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/11/teen.sex.case.ap/index.html

Holy shit. We've come to our senses!

Too bad the state will appeal and this guy's life is totally ruined. He was an honors student and if memory serves, he excelled in athletics (football?).

Perhaps he should counter sue? Though I wouldn't know the basis for such a thing...

2. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    I remember seeing this on ESPN a while back. It did seem ridiculous to me that a 17 year old kid would get 10 years in jail for having sex with a 15 year old. And yes, he was a football player in high school.

3. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

What's more ridiculous is that he didn't actually have sex with her. It was oral sex apparently.

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    It is good news but the damage has been done.

I don't think he could counter sue, because they are not dropping the charges completely right?

I think that the laws need to be amended to ensure kids are not being punished for normal sexual activity and we as a society should realize that many kids are being sexually active before the state wants them to.

5. TheJedi

TheJedi Autobot

Strange American laws... again.

Just checked what German law says in that case.

Result (no guarantees):

If both are over 14 years old and not yet 18 years old, no problem.
    If one of them is already 18 years or older, then the other one has to be 16 years or older.

I don't know about other European countries, but to me this makes much more sense.

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I think that canada has the same law.

7. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

yeah it is.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

'Bout God damn time. If we're going to lock up every teen 'guilty' of underage sex, we'd have to just build a fence around an entire state and put 'em in there.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This was about thirty minutes of me, in a suburb of Atlanta. If I remember correctly, he did have sex with her, but because of our odd laws regarding age differences, he could have consensual intercourse with her but not receive a blowjob.

I called my old state rep (Dan Lakly, R-Peachtree City) about this case, after an email he sent to a Texas prosecutor who was urging reconsideration was made public. He referred to her as a 'MORAN,' which in my mind makes him one. I went to high school with his son, who spent most of high school behaving the same as Wilson did--like a teenage boy with game, basically. I told him I thought it was a little unreasonable to support laws sending this kid to jail in light of his son's behavior. He told me, and I quote, that "these kinda people are going to end up in jail sooner or later." When I corrected his pronunciation of Wilson's first name, he told me, and again, I quote: "Well, if their parents named them something normal, maybe these kind of things wouldn't happen."

There is little doubt in my mind that the charges in this case were because he was black and she was white. And that's bullshit. He's free now at least, but this foolishness stole two years of his life.

10. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Actually, he's not free.

11. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Don't know what the law would be here, 16 is the legal age for sex, i guess if two kids a couple of years under that did stuff then there wouldn't be that much of an issue but if an over 16 and an under 16 got together then an arrest would follow.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Wow. Poor dude. I hate child molesters as much as anybody, but this was a clear case of an underclassman showing tribute to a football player. Do we know how many grades apart they were?

edit: Holy shit I just read the whole article. He has been in jail for 27 months. And like drippy said, he still isn't free. The article said he could stay in jail during the appeal. Let the guy go already. WTF Georgia?!

13. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Good lord, he caught head from one girl *and* tapped another, all at the same party? No wonder the guy went to jail, the prosecutors were jealous! The fact jungle fever was involved just cinched it.

lol @ pscoop, I'd love it if that was how my 15 year old skank "showed tribute" to a footballer.

14. incinerator1016

incinerator1016 Banned

happens the same way in my school which i dont understand because are football team sucks.

but cmon give the guy a break just because he got some action is no reason to lock him up dam.

glad are law is diffrent in jersey
    or id be locked now lol

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    *quickly destroys some old pictures from high school*

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Hey now, I didn't condone her actions, but it surely was not the dudes fault. :lol 

17. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then the sex will run rampant, people will be fornicating everywhere. It'll be madness, awkward, confused, premature madness.

In all seriousness those laws are in place to protect children from adults, considering the number of highschool kids who are having sex, it'll be difficult to differentiate the laws for each individual situation. It's unfortunate that a persons life could potentially be ruined due to an outdated law.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, shit. Didn't see that.

I love my state, but sometimes...