Ten Commandments for TF Toy Purchasing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Sep 20, 2011.

1. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I see a couple people saying not to scalp...

More importantly, no one here should support scalpers by buying from them.

2. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok you caught me, I may have swiped the original template for my 10 commandmants from a certain Judeo-Christian belief system

the :inquisiti  one being the part about adultery...so hopefully those with a dirty mind have now been warned about not engaging in certain acts with their transformers...these are not THAT kind of toys.

Yeah Orodruin...I don't know what to say...I guess that part didn't really translate well...that or we are all sinners :p 

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    -Thou shall buy Hercules.

-Thou shall help fellow community members obtain items at cost. (kill the scalper market)

-Thou shall accept 3rd party items as part of the official Transformers universe, until HasTakTom releases said figure officially.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow... hmm... yyyep, that's what I thought you meant. At least there's one commandment I'l never break. Me and the bots are just platonic.

5. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lmao, thank you that made my day

6. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some great ones from everyone!

TRUTH to the billionth powah!! Batman knows where it's at.

Allow me to expand for the full version:
    Remember the convention day, to keep it holy (as in "Holy crap I spent too much money!"). 364 days thou shalt labour, do all thy work, and get paid dat ca$h money: But the 365th day is the Ultimate Geekout: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in 364 days thou scrimped and saved, skipped meals, for all that is nerdy, all for that Ultimate 365th day: wherefore convention organizers and volunteers blessed that day, and hallowed it.

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    To go along with Batman's post, I will do an alternate post:

- Thou shalt not list your toys on the B/S/T forum at EBay or Higher prices and baulk when people ask you for a "reasonable" price.

better yet, let's just simplify this.

- Thou shalt not list your toys on the B/S/T forum at EBay or Higher prices
    - Thou shalt list your items with EBay if you expect to get paid that amount
    - Thou shalt not over value your toy just because 1 person paid the ridiculous amount one time on EBay. (which they may not have even paid the seller)
    - Thou shalt not try to take advantage of board members
    - If thou knows of instock items, thou shalt inform other board members of these in stock items
    - Thou shalt not cry about not finding a figure so thou can horde said figure at cost to resell on EBay 10x the initial cost (This is also know as the Mac and Cheese Commandment)