Temporarily Lost Email Server, now things are weird here.

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Night Flame, May 12, 2011.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I lost the internet connection that ran my email server last Wednesday and wasn't able to get a new server up and running until Tuesday or so this week. Once I did get it back up and running, I no longer get my emailed notifications from TFW2005, my supporter status was dropped, and obviously the features that go along with being a supporter were locked away from me. The supporter features aren't a huge deal as I've been meaning to donate again and this just sort of acted as a reminder, but I'm not sure what to do about the fact that I'm not getting my emails from here. Also, I don't appear to be listed on the general members list any longer.

Is there something specific I need to do to tell TFW my email is back online? I've tried flipping the address back to one of my old ones and then resetting it after a few hours to my current one again, but it's still not working correctly. Any ideas?

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You changed your email address and the system is waiting for you to click the link in the confirmation email it sent you. I will resend the confirmation. Please check your spam/blocked folders. Make sure @tfw2005.com is on your safe list (if applicable).

3. Night Flame

That appears to have taken care of it. Not sure why the original email didn't come through, as the new server has no spam filters yet.

Thanks again. All set now.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Cool, glad it worked. Not sure why you never got he first one.

5. Night Flame

Probably got stuck before the DNS update was complete somewhere.

Thanks again.