Tell me what you think.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by OmegaSupreme235, Apr 16, 2012.

1. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok so here's my idea for the next installment after fall of cybertron. I was over at my nephews house and he was excited to show off his skylanders collection and show me all the cool things he can do in his game with them.
    So I got to thinking that the concept would work really well with TF's. They could release a bundle with the game, a ground bridge platform and lets say a megatron and optimus deluxe figure. After that each deluxe you buy introduces that TF's stroy. You could have lets say a total of 5 autobot and 5 decepticon figures, stories and places to begin with and make expansion packs from there, maybe even a combiner on both sides for the expansion pack. The reason I thought it would be a cool idea is because you would please all aspects of tf's fans. You got guys like me that love to video game and love collecting thats a+++. You got guys who just collect and you know would buy the figures reguardless of weather or not they play the games. You got a guy who is a gamer that likes TF's but does'nt collect, Heres the chance to let him pick up a couple figures and maybe get that itch to buy more and more. Finally you got the kids, Man you know they would love the sight of seeing there action figures come to life on screen and be able to play them, Imagine you as a kid just got a G1 Optimus(my generation as a kid) for christmas being able to slap him on the ground bridge and BAMMM he's come to life in the game and you get to play as him on screen. Plus after you're done playing you can grab the figure and continue the war! The game would'nt have to be kiddish it could stay in line and be the 3rd installment of the WFC & FOC series. What are you're guys take on it? I just think it would be a cash cow for hasbro.

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Little toys? No this wouldnt work for a 12+ game as the age group dont want to collect toys and the gaming industrey of high moon uses DLC to expand the game not little figures.

Hasbro will also make a lot of money off the generations FOC toys that will mostly out come the mini figures

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    it would be a good way for hasbro to make money though. i've tried skylanders before and it wasn't all that bad. immediately after, i thought of a TF version of it. and the toys wouldn't necessarily be for collecting, but for enhancing your game experience

4. OmegaSupreme235

Ebay:
    Ok I see you're point but that same DLC that you speak of could come with xx amount of figures to work with the DLC. Also 12+ do collect and play with toys and you know not every kid will be 12+ playing the game. The same figures you would already buy regaurdless would just have one more aspect and that would be to inhance the game. I think it would be a win win for all parties.

5. OmegaSupreme235

Ebay:

Thats how I thought of it also. You can still buy the toys without having the game they would be regular deluxe or whatever size figures but also be able to include them in your game play. So if your just want the figures great go for it you just bought what you would have bought regaurdless of the game but if you have the game you just bought a figure plus opened his story on the game so you get both aspects from it win win.

6. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i like it. now i believe the little platforms on the bottoms of the skylanders, there were codes or something that the big plug-in thing scanned. i'd like to have articulation in the figures so the "codes" would be better off on the bottoms of their feet instead of having big things attached to them.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd be down if it were like the actual deluxe toys or whatever (that tf fans were buying anyway) that had some kind of in-game tie in or bonus stat or something. Like if these were being applied to mainline FoC toys.

That way people who weren't really tempted by the toys would be looking into them a bit, and people already buying the toys would get a little added bonus for playing the game as well.

So yeah I don't think a little minifigure line would work like skylanders, but applying some type of codes to the mainline toys might be something cool.

8. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The upcoming Mass Effect 3 figures also comes with DLC codes. Sure nothing as robust as character unlocks but Skylanders definitely got something in the videogame industry started.

I wouldn't doubt it if Hasbro wasn't also looking at this concept.

9. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    DLC is bought threw the console ussualy

10. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Like this idea

11. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I think this is a great idea and if they really wanted to please everyone they could make the five deluxes into a combiner for the added play value.

Or not. What ever. This will probably never happen but it's a neat idea anyway.