Tell me if this is messed up-

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seeker311, Jul 22, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I went to a local collectors convention in my town and as I was looking at all the stuff each vendor had, I found an 08 Camaro Bumble Bee, which I know is starting to arrive at retail everywhere else. Well I ask the guy how much and he tells me "$40". I quickly left his table but it ticked me off that he was selling it for that much. I would understand if it was an item from 15 years ago that now is very rare or some type of exclusive but this was an item that will be in plenty of stock within the next couple of weeks! Was the guy messed up to try gouge someone like that or is all fair in the collector's business?

2. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

allthough i don't know if this belongs here or not, I think your right, I feel sorry for whoever pays $40 bucks for something easily found in wall-mart or target.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I can sorta see why he would say that, but that is still a huge ripoff. Apparantly, '08 Bee is somewhat rare in the US (don't have that problem in Canada) and this guy is just trying to take advantage of any poor sap desperate enough to pay that.

Luckily for you, you were smart enough to leave, but I feel sorry for the guy who pays that money for a figure that will no doubt get released buy the bucket loads soon.

4. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    he is asking that price because that is a popular figure that is sold out in most places and people who really want that figure without wanting to search around would be willing to pay that price.

Sure many people would say that they are at every walmart or target or whatever but the new BB is a really popular figure and it doesn't last very long on the shelves. It is and will be a hard to find figure. It didn't last 24 hours over here.

In some ways, he's doing a favor for a guy who doesn't have the time or means to drive from store to store to store looking for it. That extra premium he is paying to the vendor is probably what it would cost if he were to go from store to store over the course of 2 weeks looking for it and the gas.

Not really trying to defend the seller but I understand why he would ask that much but I wouldn't pay something like that. But then again, thats cuz I was able to find it easily once it came out Haha!

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That price is the result of hundreds of fanboys screaming how bad they need 3 of this figure and its so unfair they cant find it in stores even though we havent hit hasbro's announced saturation month of august. In other words impatient freaks should have to pay more

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Bah, hate scalpers >_>

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Still no sightings of it in NYC or Long Island :/

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    What for it,They'll be shelfwarmers espcially at Target.

9. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    O rly?

Show me where they are around me, then.

Now, if you want Wreckage or Jazz...

10. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Highly disagree It lasted less than one working shift here.

11. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I picked up a purple Arcee at a Target on LI last week, so it had to have come in with BBs.

12. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    a lot of things you buy are like this. how do you think this guy makes his living? he buys toys and sells them for profit. what's the difference between all of this boards sponsors?

its the nature of the beast. i'm sure he paid retail for it so he can't sell it to you for cost. and it is a rare item so he has to try to profit on it

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

How do they make the moolah to buy the toys in the first place, though?

14. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

In this case, he's making cash off impatience or lack of knowledge. This isn't rare alike energon U.Magnus. More are coming. and if you wait, you can buy more of em with the extra cash.

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah. I am telling myself to be very patient... :lol  The worst comes I can import in mid August when he comes out in Japan, and the total shouldn't be too different from AU retail.

16. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

It's something called a job, a place outside of the basement where you work to get money

17. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I've still yet to see any of them at the Targets in my area. All that's left are Real Gears and FABs. :( 

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I don't get how its ok to you for this guy to scalp a $10 figure that isn't rare ( it is just being released) yet you flip out over knock-offs.

19. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    dude, if the guy is at a toy convention as a vendor maybe this is his JOB. are you dense?

wow. i get a lot of slack for replying in a condensing manner but you my friend are just plain dumb.

the guy isn't trying to deceive anyone by selling bubblebee for $40. u know exactly what you are getting. he is not saying its sold out or anything. knock offs are made to look like vintage pieces. people try to sell them as authetic. that is their main purpose. you ppl think a knock off soundwave box is really worth $40? you know what the profit on that must be? but i guess the demand is there so people will price accordingly.

what's the difference between this and an ebay auction where a guy just puts his buy it now very high? or tfsource.com and bigbadtoystore selling ehobby reissues. i've seen people at botcon selling soundwave tru reissue for $70. what's the point of getting mad? just don't buy it.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm dumb? I asked an honest question of you, and you insult me.

I think time and time again everyone knows who consistently proves himself to be an asshat...and its definitely not me.