Tell me about Robotkingdom.com...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because they didn't. They've got some fine stuff, but I checked the company profile and found nothing on shipping terms and, unless I missed it, I couldn't even find their location. I also don't see an obvious "about us" button anywhere, either. And it's a pretty basic site so I don't know where it could be hiding.

There's an add up there for them, so they must be legit, but anybody know where they're based and if they even ship to NA, and how fast/expensive it is?

Thanks.

2. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can tell you their part of the banners because they are a legit business that just about everyone doesn't mind using if they need to. I've ordered from them a few times and each was very pleasent. I know their in china somewhere and thats where your items will be shipped from. They usually have cheaper prices on things. You have to pay upfront though, even for pre-orders but if thats not what you want theres many other websites that you can use.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Based in Hong Kong. To get a shipping quote, you have to prepare the order and then go through most of the checkout (before you enter payment info, all you need to provide is a country and a phone number that isn't used for anything)

Takes 1-2 weeks. Relatively reasonable given the savings from buying "direct".

4. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    RBK is from Hong Kong. They're good people to do business with. I just recieved my Justitoys WST Grimlock this week from them. It was only $5.60 to ship to the US. They are relatively fast shipping too. Coming from another county, it still got here within a week and a half. They say they ship within 3 days of the sale (I believe) but I got a shipping confirmation within an hour of purchasing it. One thing you have to watch out for is when you see something for cheaper than other sites, like for instance the hercules bots, the shipping may end up making the cost the same as any other site.

I've had to make an item inquiry before due to a broken toy. They replaced it quickly and without any hassle on my part, other than the manufacturer's defect I found when I originally got the item.

I've had many business dealings with them before. They accept Paypal which is a nice bonus to me. I got my United Frenzy and Rumble from them for 49.99 when everyone had the two for nearly $100.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Sounds pretty good. Hong Kong, eh? I was kinda hoping a little closer, but hey, what can ya do?

6. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

I live in australia and they ship here so i would say they ship to NA, Im pretty sure they are based in china. Shipping is usually pretty cheap (they give you a total before you confirm the purchase too) and they seem to be pretty quick, at least to here (one and a half to two weeks usually).

They are almost always my first choice when im getting a few figures at once, but at the same time shipping from NA is always more expensive for me than most places so it might not work out quite as well for you.

7. Coconut

Coconut Well-Known Member

I never ordered from them but I think they are based in Hong Kong. From what I read they have a good reputation, comparable to TF Source and BBTS. Their prices are lower on import items because you know they're from Asia, so of course they can give better prices. I think I heard it they take about 1-2 weeks to ship to the US.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I order from them, it takes like a week to get here; even with the cheapest shipping option. Funny how stuff I order from Japan comes faster than stuff I order from just below the border.

9. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    - Based in Hong Kong. Usually not a problem but if something does come up shipping it back may cost you.
    - Buying most third party items from them is a lot cheaper even after shipping.
    - Not Fansproject though, the prices are the same everywhere so buy that from the US.
    - Japanese and asian items are fairly priced here too.
    - They will not ship an order until everything has arrived. This may be months down the line and there's always the slight chance of inventory issues so be careful.
    - Packaging is decent, not MISB quality though.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As others have said, they're located in Hong Kong and pretty reliable. It takes stuff about a week to get here after they ship, as long as Customs doesn't sit on it for a while. Stuff is packaged pretty well, prices on certain things after shipping can be a bit better than North American-based online retailers. You pay immediately for preorders, via Paypal, your order doesn't ship until all items come in.

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Invent some kind of interdimensional teleportation device and make billions.

12. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just recently bought from RK for the first time. No problems with them, item was recieved faster than expected and well packed. You're safe going with them if you need anything. If you're in the states like myself, it won't be super fast but quicker than most HK based companies I've ordered from.

13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Only used them once when I got MP Skywarp and Megatron from them years ago. Flawless and pretty quick delivery to the UK IIRC....would definitely use them again.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've used them a few times. Fast shipping from them to the UK most of the time (the one slow package was because it got held by UK customs so that is not their fault). They're good to deal with and the packaging is incredibly robust. I can recommend them, especially for stuff not hitting the US through conventional channels.

15. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    I made my first order with them based on feedback from some people here.

Looking forward to seeing how they do

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you have to go through checkout to see shipping costs (but don't have to commit, you can just back up a page pr two and make changes) but that's no big deal.
    i have bought figures like Encore Omega Supreme, Metroplex from them and from time to time, harder to find TFs.

they packaged my items to the point they coulda survived a hand grenade. and they took just about 2 weeks to get here in AL from HK.

2 thumbs up from me for these guys.

17. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I've used them a few times now. Great store! :) 

18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've ordered from them once a couple months back. No problem at all.

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I've used them a few times these past few years and have always had a good experience with them. I'm in NY and the ship time was never more than a week to me.

20. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    After half a dozen orders, only thing i could maybe fault them on is that it can take them a few days to answer email.

TBH, i've never received any defective merchandise from them, so i can't comment on their responsiveness in that area.