Fan Art: Teletran 1 Image - for Artists

Discussion in 'Requests' started by philyboy, Sep 1, 2006.

1. philyboy

philyboy Member

Teletran 1 Image - for Artists $$

Hi, I hope it's ok to post in here but I had noticed that there is a LOT of high quality art work on this site and was wondering if any artists here wanted a little work. Basically I need an image (800x600 or 1024x768) of Teletran-1. There are some screenshots on the net :

(http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=teletran1&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=wi)

but they are only 180x135 and the perspective is wrong.

Some background on what I am using this on:

I am a shareware developer and one of my products is a presentation tool usually used for CD-ROM front ends (although you can also compress your project into a single EXE). My software is called AutoRun and you can see it at www.typhoonsoftware.com. I am looking for some artwork to make a sample project that will showcase some new features in an upcoming release. I'm a longtime Transformers fan and would like to create a Transformers-themed menu. The menu will use the Teletran-1 image as a background. The user will click on buttons (more on this later) that will display slideshows, flash animations, movies, web pages, etc in the main screen of Teletran-1. So the user will get the effect of using Teletran-1 to get info on the Transformers.

What I need is an image of Teletran-1 to use as the background to this menu. For the perspective I'll need to look at it head on. The image should be about 800x600 (so it will fit on most resolutions). The main computer screen of Teletran should be about 400x300 so I room to display inside of it. The screen just needs to have a black background. A couple other much smaller screens should be present as well, so I can display in them too. Teletran will also needs 4-6 buttons so the user can press to activate features. On the main image just leave a blank space where the buttons will be located. The button images will have to be seperate (these will be used to create several button objects) and will need to consist of an idle image and a clicked image (with the button depressed) and possibly a mouse-over image. The button should be about 150x30 to allow for a decent amount of text. So that is basically it, I need a Teletran-1 background and 2-3 small images to be used as buttons.

What do you get for this? First you get exposure, AutoRun has over 12,000 users and many update the software regularily. Your images will be showcased on our site as part of the demo. You will also get credit in the demo and on the site with your name and a link. Most of our users are project managers and may be looking for artists. You also get a free copy of AutoRun ($50) and $75 cash via PayPal.

Interested artists can post rough drawings on this forum, and I'll pick the one from the group. I am also inerested in creating projects with other non-Transformers themes so if you have any artwork that could be used for creating cool multimedia menu themes then I would be interested in paying for those as well!

2. Bluestreak420

Bluestreak420 BS42O Prod. Inc.

I'll give it a shot...I'll PM you when I have something to show you :D 

edit: Is there a specific deadline?

3. philyboy

philyboy Member

thanks Bluestreak, the deadline is around Sept 12th, so a ways away :]

4. philyboy

philyboy Member

Another thing to note is that the files should be sent as PNG, which means transparency is fine. The background image of Teletran-1 doesn't have to be rectangluar (my program supports non-rectangular images) and the buttons will need transparency in order to show the background through.

5. philyboy

philyboy Member

Today is the deadline for the Teltran-1 images. I've had a few replies, who wants to make some money!

6. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'll post my Teletran pic here shortly...

EDIT:

Here ya go...
    [​IMG]

If this works for you, philyboy, just shoot me a PM or e-mail and I'll send a tighened up, high res version to you.

7. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmm, not sure how I missed this one. I have a 3D version that I did many moons ago. If I have time I will put it up today.

8. philyboy

philyboy Member

hi timshinn73

I like the image but the main screen needs to be a larger % of the image size (I'm going to have slideshows and videos play in this area). I also need a place to put the button that will change what is going on in the main screen, but that isn't as important. Basically if you can make the main screen larger (and set the background of the main screen to black) then it will work for me.

9. Primus

News Credits:
    OMG, these are so horrible. But hey, they are over 5 years old. What can I say. I can render whatever size you would need from any angle and I can improve the textures and stuff. I had only been modeling for 5 months when I did these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does that mean you want to use this? Changes are no problem, just not going to edit the image if there's no money in it for me. If so, just print out the image I posted, mark up the changes you'd like (screen size, button location, etc), e-mail it to me, and I'll send you the updated image.

11. philyboy

philyboy Member

I ended up going with a image from Trion Sudios. I've already sent to payment and software and I will be making apost here so everyone can see how this ended up being used.

As for the other artwork submitted, all were done very well and were very high quality but I had to go with the work that met my project needs (see the first post) the closest. Thanks for all the interest.

Phil

12. Rodimus_2316

Rodimus_2316 Virtual TF Member

So it took you 5 months to make this? Nice.

13. Primus

News Credits:
    well, it took me 5 months to get to that level. I probably only worked on it a couple of days.

14. philyboy

philyboy Member

Finished!

You can download the demo I created from here:
    http://www.typhoonsoftware.com/Demos/TF_Demo.exe

The demo shows off the menus you can create with this program. The Teletran-1 image is actually a non-rectangular window (you can create windows in any shape) created using the image supplied by Trion Sutdios. The title bar is removed from the window and the transparent areas of the image are used to make those areas transparent for the window, so the background shows through. In this case I have a starscape as the background otherwise the desktop would show through.

The demo has 4 action windows defined (where you can display videos, slideshows, web pages, etc). 3 action windows are displaying slideshows (the autobot/decepticon sign, the autobots characters, and the decepticon characters).

The other action window shows computer-ish images (actually taken from screenshots from the tv cartoon) when idle, and when a button is pressed the contents of the action window change (except when the 'Movie' button is pressed, to how button actions can also be opened in new windows). Buttons launch a video file, an online web page with streaming SWF, a local web page and a slideshow of screenshots from the first episode with background music.

This program is really cool for creating any kind of presentation and can show off your art work to others. You can create a CD or compress your project into an EXE file for easier sharing. If any artists here need some extra cash, I'll give $100 plus a free license to this program (http://www.typhoonsoftware.com) to anyone who creates a demo I use on my site. You can use it to showcase your own work, a movie/show/interest you are a fan of (please no more TF - well maybe one if it is really good). Send me an email if interested: philinglis@typhoonsoftware.com

Phil
    Typhoon Software