TEKNOMAN!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spider Striker, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Is anyone else a fan of this truly great show?

I finally found the first volume of the Anime Works/Media Blasters offical release, so I've been re-watching the series, and it's like falling in love all over again.

The Animation is a bit dated, and the dialogue is cringe-wrothy at times, but it's such a great story.

So, anyone else feeling the love?

2. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked it way back in the UPN days... but never got to see what happened after teh last american episode that aired where it was a big cliff hanger of sorts.. (I dun want to spoil anything)

I actually did a report on him in my spanish class since we needed a hero figure. lol

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Yep, big fan. I loved the series on UPN, and have since gotten the bootleg box set, which is subbed rather than dubbed.

As a 52 ep series, I found it to be suburb. I've even got the model kits.

However, I found the sequel terrible.

4. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

I wonder how Teknoman whas edited from Tekkaman Blade. Does the guy still get nude and go though a manly Sailor Moon type transformation when becoming Teknoman/Tekkaman Blade?

The sequel is the one with more girls than the TV series ever had and a pink armored Tekkaman right?

Also. You seen the music video/alternate version where the Tekkamen are guyver-like creatures? Bloody awesome.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    what?

6. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Yeah, Tekkaman Blade is awesome.

7. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Definitely going to pick up those Tekkaman Blade boxsets when Media Blasters finally decides to release them, that's for sure.

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I used to watch it on UPN. When something can go through a severe butchering like the one Saban gave it and still be awesome, you've got something special. I won't ever be going back to that version though, as we're finally getting the slightly less cheesy, uncut Tekkaman Blade here. Radam > Venomoids

He's probably talking about Twin Blood, a Tekkaman Blade OVA. It retells one of the episodes with better animation and more organic designs.

9. Spider Striker

Dude, that's awesome! Do you still have that somewhere?

And I wish they had continued with the American version of the dub. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have the whole thing in a dub at all, but I want Slade dammit. And the opening narration. "At the end of the 21st century...."

Any chance the "Twin Blood" OVA will be relased w/ subtitles on the Tekkaman Blade sets? I have it (with a few other things) on my bootlegs, but they don't have any subs at all, so I have no effin' idea what the hell is going on.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Yes and no. Some of it was left as was, but sometimes they would edit it down a bit.

Also, they changed the mechanic who's name escapes me, the crossdresser into a woman, Maggie, rather than having a male in drag, but they didn't lobotomize it surprisingly enough, as other anime's have been (Like Escaflowne!). Though it did drop from 52 to 42 episodes, but as I recall, they cut out the recap episodes, and 2 of the pure narratives, though I'm not entirely sure, but it was cut down without a doubt.

They did, as I recall, edit down the sisters death, and the aftermath to it. UPN split the series up into 2 seasons, ending around there, and never aired the second season. Over in Austalia, they got the entire series.

Yep. It was terrible IMHO. Lots of women, a weak female protanganist (I don't mean power wise, I mean character depth; she was 2 dimensional and Wheelie level annoying.) Not to mention a bland plot and a complete lack of strong antagonists. (Again, characterwise, not powerwise.)

Yeah, it's quite different. Given the origins, I thought it worked rather well, and was innovative and interesting. From a sheer design perspective, I prefer the more mecha looks we got in the regular series.

The bootleg box set has all sorts of extras, There's also the one with the ticking clock and all the early family scenes, and the one with the Prelude to the sequel and had Star and Blade having sex, as well as some of the original Tekkaman snippets.

Yes, that's right, Tekkaman, the mature show is a remake of a much older kiddie cartoon for those who didn't know.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's really more like two stories. The second half is almost halfway decent. The first half is terrible.
    At least a few of the episodes got dubbed into English as "Tekkaman The Space Knight". My local Blockbuster used to have one of the tapes. I don't know if there were more than just the one.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I just looked it up, seems they jammed the last 8 episodes into 3, and changed things around, dropped some subplots, quite a bit of narratives, and some action. Really quite mismashed, so that I think accounts for the remaining episodes. To cut the show down at the end makes no sense to me. But, I suppose it would move faster, but cutting stuff out like the first entire half of the Saber/Blade fight seems odd. (I found the series online, and watched the last few episodes)

13. Spider Striker

Well, that sinches it. I'm going to have to get the subtitled sets now. I need to know what I'm missing. Again, I hope they include all the extras that were on my bootlegs. I was able to guess a fair amount of it, but I'd like to know exactly what's going on.

And I really don't mind the sequel. I enjoy it and will probably watch it again after I'm done with Teknoman. My only real gripe is that it's unnessesary. The ending of the first series is perfect IMHO.