Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection for PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaSaber, Dec 28, 2006.

1. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    Just found out about this so I figured I'd post it. The game is available via the Playstation Store in Japan and Korea now. But you can get it here in the US if you don't want to wait. I found the following instructions to do it, used them myself and it worked flawlessly. New PS3 game for $16 isn't bad at all.

Note: Before doing this make sure you have a Visa or Mastercard Credit Card/Debit Card(In some cases you may need 2 cards).

1) Create a new log in on your PS3 system.(Far left of the XMB menu).

2) Sign up for the PS Network(Far right). Make a master account.

3) Fill in all information accordingly, choose Hong Kong as your country.

4) Under street address put in a random number and street name. For region just pick a random one, for example I picked Kowloon/Kowloon Bay.

5) Enter in your billing information, make sure you're accurate!

6) Once you finish setting up your account, go back to the Account Management and add funds to your wallet. What you're going to do now is add 40HKD twice. This will give you a total of 80 HKD. (Why are we doing this? Because for some reason when authorizing the credit/debit cards it will not complete the transaction when authorizing 80 or more HKD at a time;Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is 125HKD). So now that you have 80 HKD. Exit the account management and go into the PlayStation Store.

7) Choose the DL for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. Once doing so it will ask you to confirm and once you do it will show that there is a remaining balance owed of 45HKD. Authorize the transaction and you should be good to go! If it does not work on the PS Store screen you will have to use another card(Edit billing information on the account management screen of the PS Network(Far right on XMB).

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Given that this game is just a port of an out of date and very last generation arcade game it probably would not have cost more than 20-30 US if released on BR but this kind of thing is pretty cool.

3. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    apparently it's not just a direct port, but a graphically upgraded port. Kind of like tekken tag tournament for the ps2

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

From what I can tell they only give you options for greater resolutions and there is no polygon count update Where as TTT had a pretty significant poly over haul.

5. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    So I can be pretty cheap and beat any character in two moves. Nice. I swear, Jinpachi's worse than Shao Khan in terms of boss cheapness.

7. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:

It's not the boss version of jinpachi that you fight in tekken 5. Instead it's the pre-transformation version. He might end up being more powerful than most characters, but from what I've read so far he won't end up being such an overpowered character as the tekken 5 boss was.

Personally I didn't really find Jinpachi to be that challenging of a boss in tekken 5. He was cheaper than any of the previous bosses for sure, but Shao khan was worse.