Teens react to

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ace Convoy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Kids react is still better.

3. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Teens react is pointless, they're basically asking 50% of the internet what they think of videos they've all probably seen before. They could have just made a poll about youtube videos and it would have the same results as this show.

4. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Agreed. At least kids react was cute, teens just makes me wonder why I should give a crap about what they think. Plus I'm a teen, I'll tell you right now Toddlers in Tiaras is scary to me. I get wanting to model, but don't start it with your kid that young, or at least not that extreme.

5. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no GoGo juice for you :p 

My sisters watch that show for the heck of it... and We all look at the Tv so disgusted. I hate the show and the one with the older middle school girls is worse :/

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched once and the show didn't move enough for me to watch it again.

I didn't like it.

Most of the time, when I watched the show, the kids had temper tantrums it looked like they don't know how to deal with the stress of being on stage and being forced to do something they don't want to do. (I don't want to see that)

Yeah, maybe some do what to be on stage but I didn't see a lot of that.

7. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I share the same point of view as you.:) 

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

my youngest niece have tantrum in kickten - i was eat hambuger that night - my oldest sister put chips bag front her face and she huge cow

9. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Completely agreed. Hell, i used Toddlers and Tiaras as a basis for an essay in an english exam once. Show's ridiculous, it's like....well, the parents dress them up like Barbie, but...they succeed. They look just like Barbie. And that means they are completely ugly. Because let's face it, Barbie doesn't actually look attractive, and her choice of pink on everything she owns makes it look that much worse.

The sad part is that they copy Barbie so well, that the kids look like they are made of plastic. They also look about as forced in their smiles.

Making teens comment on it won't get very far (and that is slightly hypocritical since i'm a teenager), as outside of a handful, most don't care or just are too naive. [/gross generalisation]

[/90% serious, 10% "i'm laughing at you" rant]

10. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    GUYS. TFW Reacts. Lets make it happen!

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I've seen a good portion of those "blank reacts" videos, and most of them are fun, but i hate the hatsune miku video, i wanted to smack around each and every one of those kids :lol 

*rabid vocaloid fanboy*

12. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I KNOW!!!!! I couldn't help but want to thump them on the forehead V8 style!

13. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

The thing about Toddlers and Tiaras that bothers me is that it's clear through watching it that the parents are living vicariously through their child. The narrow paradigms of beauty that these shows create are harmful, mentally and in some cases physically.

One show I watched had this 8 year old being asked about her glasses and whether she actually likes to wear the contacts foisted onto her by her parents. Her response was (paraphrasing) "I like wearing my glasses more because the contacts hurt my eyes, but my mum (mom) loses her shit when I wear them". We have parents who instill impossible dreams into their child - no child is going to win all the time. These kids think being beautiful is everything and looking average is the same as being worthless.

The tears that ensue after the 'winner' is announced always breaks my heart. We now have a bunch of little girls who feel worthless....totally without value because they didn't win a shitty crown that announces to the world that they were the prettiest (which is a lie anyway since beauty is subjective).

Don't get me started on the 'routines' those kids are supposed to learn. Fark me! Seeing little 7 year old girls bumping and grinding in cowboy boots makes me feel ill. Because sexualised little girls in a world where fighting paedophilia is already a losing battle is a wonderful idea *sarcasm font*. Then of course we have the waxing and spray tanning - with the child crying and begging their parent to stop! The first time I heard about 'virgin waxing' I threw up in my mouth a little! Kids are not supposed to look like adults. Women have long legs, round hips and breasts because they have run the gauntlet of puberty. I have grown into my sexuality through a process, a natural process and it's ridiculous to attempt to speed that process up - it is also incredibly dangerous.

It has been shown time and time again that Barbie's dimensions are impossible. It is physically impossible to have her exact appearance proportions and still be human.

I hate beauty pageants and I hate how popular they are. We can enjoy the beauty of our children without subjecting them to humiliation and perverse ideals. Hell, I never shut up about beautiful and wonderful my kids are, however appearance is a small part of what makes them so special to me.